MERCER PA PROGRAM 2023-2024 CYCLE

On 1/10/2024 at 7:41 PM, 68WEMTto65DPAC said:

Applied on 01/07/24, received confirmation that my application was received and marked as complete 01/08/24, and received interview invitation today 01/10/24 for 02/12/24. I can’t believe it, it was soooo quick.

What do we know about their interview style? Is it MMI or traditional? Do they have any information on what to expect on interview day in the website? I can’t seem to find it. My interview is virtual.

Congrats!!! Did you send your GRE scores?? What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

To everyone, has anyone received interviews without sending GRE scores??? And is it too late to apply? 😭 Thank you in advance!!!

37 minutes ago, ckn97 said:

Congrats!!! Did you send your GRE scores?? What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

To everyone, has anyone received interviews without sending GRE scores??? And is it too late to apply? 😭 Thank you in advance!!!

I did not send GRE scores. Not early to apply but not late either. Go ahead and send it. The more you wait the fewer the chances!!

On 2/10/2024 at 8:09 PM, 68WEMTto65DPAC said:

How much is the deposit to save a seat for Mercer?

It's $1000 total, but they split it up into two payments. I think the timeline depends on when you were accepted, but for me, half was due a month after I got the call. The next half is due in October (for me).

• Thanks 1

Posting this for future reference as people wait to interview or look back in upcoming cycles. This was my 3rd interview with a PA program and hands down the best experience. Everything they do communicates that they are interviewing you as much as you are interviewing them, it's a two-way professional conversation. It really felt like they have a great culture fostered and they want to figure out what your strengths are so they can further develop them as you prepare to go into medical practice. They give you plenty of time to fully express yourself and show your personality, interests, and unique qualities.

Hopefully I get the call, but for those who will be interviewing soon, I hope you have a similar experience.

Edit: Interviewed 02/12

Edited by 68WEMTto65DPAC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 68WEMTto65DPAC said:

Posting this for future reference as people wait to interview or look back in upcoming cycles. This was my 3rd interview with a PA program and hands down the best experience. Everything they do communicates that they are interviewing you as much as you are interviewing them, it's a two-way professional conversation. It really felt like they have a great culture fostered and they want to figure out what your strengths are so they can further develop them as you prepare to go into medical practice. They give you plenty of time to fully express yourself and show your personality, interests, and unique qualities.

Hopefully I get the call, but for those who will be interviewing soon, I hope you have a similar experience.

Edit: Interviewed 02/12

This was also my 3rd interview and by far the best experience. I felt so great afterwards. I really hope we both get that call! I’m so anxious. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Madii said:

Does anyone know if the seats are all filled? Not sure if I should apply or not this late 

They interview through May and leave seats open intentionally until their last interview date. It is not late to apply but it is about time to do it if you intend to without minimizing your chances too much.

15 minutes ago, Madii said:

Would anyone who got an interview share their stats if they don’t mind? 

cGPA: 3.07
sGPA: 3.33
BCP GPA: 3.42

Significant upward trend, GPA for last 60 credits: ~3.70
Prerequisite GPA: ~3.65
LORs: 3 PAs (two I worked with, 1 shadowed), clinical supervisor, college professor
GRE: not submitted
CASPer: 2nd quartile (thought this would rule me out)

PCE: 4,000 hours at the time of application as a CMA and medic in the Army Guard
Volunteering: About 100 hours, 40 of those in a medical mission trip overseas, the rest at a community clinic
Military service: Yes
Shadowing: 40 hours shadowing PAs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 68WEMTto65DPAC said:

They interview through May and leave seats open intentionally until their last interview date. It is not late to apply but it is about time to do it if you intend to without minimizing your chances too much.

cGPA: 3.07
sGPA: 3.33
BCP GPA: 3.42

Significant upward trend, GPA for last 60 credits: ~3.70
Prerequisite GPA: ~3.65
LORs: 3 PAs (two I worked with, 1 shadowed), clinical supervisor, college professor
GRE: not submitted
CASPer: 2nd quartile (thought this would rule me out)

PCE: 4,000 hours at the time of application as a CMA and medic in the Army Guard
Volunteering: About 100 hours, 40 of those in a medical mission trip overseas, the rest at a community clinic
Military service: Yes
Shadowing: 40 hours shadowing PAs

Oh, thank you so much. My stats are similar but my PCE is lower. I should apply then. My stats are cGPA 3.02, sGPA 3.31, BCP 3.24, Last 60 credits is 3.7+, PCE 2400, shadowing 100, and Casper 2nd quartile 

I just saw the FAQ file. I have two in-progress prerequisites to take in the fall. It says, "Applicants with more than four (4) outstanding prerequisites in the spring, three (3) outstanding
prerequisites in the summer, and two (2) outstanding prerequisites in the fall cannot be considered for admission." What does this mean? Those with more than 2 outstanding prerequisites or just 2 outstanding prerequisites in the fall are also not considered for admission?

Edited by Madii

54 minutes ago, paaaa2014 said:

hi all!

people that got interview offers and acceptances. how did you prep for casper and what did you score if you don't mind sharing the sharing? I am thinking of applying and wasn't sure if it's too late in the cycle to apply?

I got 4th quartile and I honestly just familiarized myself with the layout of Casper but that’s all I did. 

1 hour ago, Madii said:

I just saw the FAQ file. I have two in-progress prerequisites to take in the fall. It says, "Applicants with more than four (4) outstanding prerequisites in the spring, three (3) outstanding
prerequisites in the summer, and two (2) outstanding prerequisites in the fall cannot be considered for admission." What does this mean? Those with more than 2 outstanding prerequisites or just 2 outstanding prerequisites in the fall are also not considered for admission?

That means that as long as you complete at least 1 of your 2 outstanding prerequisites by the summer you are eligible to apply as of right now and be considered for admission. After the summer you should have none or 1 outstanding prerequisite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 68WEMTto65DPAC said:

That means that as long as you complete at least 1 of your 2 outstanding prerequisites by the summer you are eligible to apply as of right now and be considered for admission. After the summer you should have none or 1 outstanding prerequisite.

I find it hard to take science course during the summer as one class isn’t offered during summer. Let’s see what the program says as I emailed them. I have microbiology, but it’s 3 credits and on caspa it says 4 credits. In case, they accept 3 credits then I would’ve to take one course only. I wish they accepted online labs, so I could’ve taken online fast. I already submitted the caspa application.  Hope I hear a good news from them. Don’t want my application fee to go to waste 😞

Edited by Madii