Life Insurance fraud?

• Administrator

Serious question: Is there a national clearinghouse one can contact if one suspects that a close family member of a patient is attempting to goad that patient into suicide, presumably to collect on a life insurance policy previously obtained for just that purpose, when the neither the patient or I knows through which company such insurance might have been obtained?

Asking for a friend, of course. PM's welcome.

On 6/22/2023 at 2:40 AM, rev ronin said:

It's also just a suspicion, absent any evidence, based on a conjecture. Hence a "What if?" question.

Mandatory reporter.  Just have to have the thought, then report it.   We are not the investigator judge or jury.   I always feel better after reporting, it is no longer my worry

• Administrator
23 hours ago, ventana said:

Mandatory reporter.  Just have to have the thought, then report it.   We are not the investigator judge or jury.   I always feel better after reporting, it is no longer my worry

That had been done some months ago. This is a specific question not covered by that.

Reviewed this thread. 

I think I would call local law enforcement and ask to speak to someone in charge. 
mask for a meeting at your clinic. 
have a written statement to provide to them your concerns. 
also provide an oral statement to officer.  

not sure their is anything more to do.  

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ventana said:

Reviewed this thread. 

I think I would call local law enforcement and ask to speak to someone in charge. 
mask for a meeting at your clinic. 
have a written statement to provide to them your concerns. 
also provide an oral statement to officer.  

not sure their is anything more to do.  

The clinician in question took other appropriate actions, based on the reasonable suspicions.