Should I email the medical board for an update of my licensing application?

Hello everyone. I am a new graduate. All my documents were submitted  about a month and half ago and a pre-license analyst was assigned to me. I have a job that starts in about a month and I am in the process of filling out credentialing paperwork. I don't have my license yet and I am not sure if I should contact the medical board for an update to see where they are in the process. My application is pretty simple, I don't have any significant history. 

I was advised not to annoy the medical board so I just wanted to know if I should just wait and tell my employer that I don't have my license yet or should I email for an update?

Sorry I am just very anxious about the whole process, just need some assurance. 

Edited by Pearla

A simple follow up shouldn't hurt anything. Generally the answer they give is something along the lines of "it will get done when it gets done."

I understand the anxiety. One of my least favorite things in the world is having to count on someone else to take care of my business.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, ventana said:

Give them a call

be nice and always start with a tiny bit of small talk, then ask your question

This advice is gold.  Treating people like human beings will never backfire, and might just help. Calling and treating them poorly... well, yeah, can't help, and more than likely will hurt. Being nice to the people who actually RUN the place is far more helpful than schmoozing with leadership.