Need help figuring out how to offer DOT drug screens and which company to go with

New practice spooling up

lots if requests for drug testing has me thinking I need to do them. 

anyone have inside info on the business side of certifying to do DOT drug tests with chain of custody?   Need a TPA and contract and looking to not reinvent the wheel.

HUGE thumbs up

sounds like DESI is a big player as well but going to reach out to Labcorp tomorrow

How long did it take you do do a drug screen urine and Breath Alcohol?

I am just a one man shop right now, if I am make a go with out employees I will, but have a doc and NP wanting hours and having a front office person would be nice - train them to do these and they can fund their own salary....

Doing breath ETOH is another "requires certification" kinda thing. Its certainly not hard. Performing the actual test is fast but you have to do the paperwork step by step with the "read all this and make sure it is right and then sign". The whole thing, start to finish takes about 15 minutes including bookkeeping/forms.

yeah, looking at the EBAT and Urine Collector classes - quick $1000 to learn how to fill out form....  Going to have my office staff do it long term I think  but in the short term it will be me.  (man my boss is tough-- keeps adding things to my job description.....  heeheeehee)

On 3/4/2023 at 8:05 AM, ventana said:

New practice spooling up

lots if requests for drug testing has me thinking I need to do them. 

anyone have inside info on the business side of certifying to do DOT drug tests with chain of custody?   Need a TPA and contract and looking to not reinvent the wheel.

How could you not, easiest money in the world.

Our office charges $55 a test, the tests must cost .50 cents a piece.