Urgent care raise

Its so hard to say because the COL and demand for providers varies so wildly in different places. Around here the UCs like to hire new grads and pay them 50 to 55 an hour. I talked to one to discuss PRN work and told her what I made as a full time employee in the UC which included a great benefits package. I didn't even get to the 30% extra I expected since I didn't get benefits before she said "we NEVER pay anyone that much."

So that is about a 3.8% pay raise if you look at it from a that direction. So the question is...was your pay fair and correct in the first place? I just got a 4.1% raise and it ain't nothing.

8 hours ago, thispalovesortho said:

I started off making 65 an hour at an urgent care in Tampa, and I got a raise to $67.50, so $2.50. Is that typical?

Was the raise due to a COLA, yearly review, or performance based? $2.50 is just under 4% which I guess could be argued as a COL raise. Seems low given the times, but then again, some people aren't getting any. And FL has no state income tax so one could argue that's worth a few extra thousand per year. 

30-50 patients a day seems like a Lucy and Ethel filling chocolate in the boxes.  More like assembly line medicine.  Must be corporate medicine owned.  That is way too many patients.  Just my opinion.    Don't be so busy making a living and forget to make a life!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 1/27/2023 at 6:47 PM, ventana said:

I might just be joining you in employ in the VA....  at least I will be appreciated there

Just FYI -  educate your self on where you should be "step" wise and requirements for step placement.    I found out that I was onboarded incorrectly - since the covid position was a temporary 120 day position  - the goal was to push everyone through in 2 weeks - so they placed me at a Step 7 - when I should have been a 12.  They admit that the goal was to just push my application through -  no thought of being appropriate in placement.    That is the difference of 15K - which goes a long way towards the difference in what I am making in FP vs ER  - see my other job choice thread.   I have asked for a formal evaluation for this - before I accept a full time position with the VA ER.    Another thing I was not aware of- you have the right to ask for a re-evaluation when they tell you the step level and your salary -  just found that out.     

• Sad 1