This is not possible. As a current student, I can assure you that they are not interviewing 564 students. These are the stats from last year. About 1800 applications went in. Of that, about 600 were considered complete (completed all pre-reqs, met the minimum GPA requirements, completed transfer application on time, submitted the required recommendation letters, submitted a statement letter that satisfied requirements, filled out SD application properly, submitted photo, etc.). It's amazing how many people sent in applications without meeting the minimums or didn't follow instructions. From there, about 120 were chosen for interviews for a total of 42 seats. Interviews started the second wk of April. My interview was with 3 faculty members. It lasted a little over an hr. They started contacting applicants with offers of acceptance around the second week of May. You might have misunderstood what was said. They might have said that they have 564 eligible applicants this year.

Have hope. They are still interviewing. I have personally seen applicants sitting in the office waiting for their interview as of last wk. Good luck!!

i had my interview on monday and they told me they are interviewing 564 students of which they are only picking 35. The odds are not good but hopefully some of us get accepted.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i hope i misunderstood!! because the odds are not good. One thing i did like though, is that i noticed prior classes had several spanish people and i felt better since i myself am a latino. They also told me not to be worried about applicants with bachelors degree's (because my concern was how competitive can i be with no bachelors and just a 4.0), they said that they dont look at that when selecting students they mostly look at the essay (but not sure which essay, if the personal statement or essay on site), the grades, and the interview and that they have rejected students with masters. So they really put me at ease and told me that im just as competitive as anybody else but really alot of qualified people get rejected because they are not fortunate and simply there is no space. So if you get accepted know you are very fortunate!

OMGGGGG!!!! IM ACCEPTED!!!! I just got the call at 4pm they said that i am aceepted to the program and they will send me an email on monday to explain what i have to do now. I can't believe it came this fast!! i thought i was for sure going to wait another month before i hear anything, however she did tell me their letting some students know early so that they can be ready with the requirements prior to registration. They are still considering many applicants and interviewing so they have many more students to accept through out next month so hang in there guys!! and have hope! because i wasn't accepted in Downstate im just an alternate but i did get accepted in my #1 choice PA school!!

OMGGGGG!!!! IM ACCEPTED!!!! I just got the call at 4pm they said that i am aceepted to the program and they will send me an email on monday to explain what i have to do now. I can't believe it came this fast!! i thought i was for sure going to wait another month before i hear anything, however she did tell me their letting some students know early so that they can be ready with the requirements prior to registration. They are still considering many applicants and interviewing so they have many more students to accept through out next month so hang in there guys!! and have hope! because i wasn't accepted in Downstate im just an alternate but i did get accepted in my #1 choice PA school!!

Congratulations hype21 that is great news.

Congrats to you hype21, I along with others still hold on to hope!

Again congrats!

Again congrats!

Again congrats!

Archived