• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello fellow applicants (and potential future classmates),

It's one day after the deadline. I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed. I just want to wish best of luck to all of you. Positive outcomes sometimes land like butterflies on the unexpected but positively minded shoulders. Let's keep a positive mind and enthusiastic spirit as we go through this process.

Again, best regards!

TJL

I overlooked this the other day. This is GREAT Info!

I think you should make a post on this and I hope the Mod can give that post a sticky. Like you said, 90+% of schools out there do not grant a BS only degree, what does that mean? More tuition, more costs. Sophie, being one of the 10% while having a good reputation is very rare and privileged. Not only that, they are trying to and probably will, offer graduates a bridge to MS in the future, - that sentence basically saids it all.

And I highly encourage you to tell the staff to include what you just wrote on the info page (if possible). This is something that needs to be addressed and informed. And again, thank you very much for all these infos.

I hope everyone will get a chance to be interviewed and express themselves.

Please keep us updated and share the excitements.

Good luck all! =)

As a current student at Sophie, I want to address the whole BS vs MS issue. While its true that most programs are MS programs, Sophie is still a BS granting program. The main difference (not the only difference, I know) between a BS & a MS program is the level of research that you do. The faulty has already addressed this concern with the students. Sophie does plan to become an MS program by the deadline & are working on a way to offer a bridging program to all alumni. Every graduate that I have spoken to, has not had a problem finding a job upon graduation. They were never turned down for a job or offered less money because they has a BS vs an MS degree. When you are applying for jobs, your employer is only going to care about whether you passed your boards & are certified.

Whether you graduate froma BS or MS program, you sit for the same boards. You take the same PANCE exam. Check out Sophie's PANCE pass rates. They are as better than the majority of schools (Albany, St John's, NYIT) & are as as good as Stony Brook & Cornell. Also, every year NYSSPA holds a tournament for PA schools called Medical Jeopardy. Sophie beat out all these other schools & are now the current NYSSPA Medical Jeopardy champions. Check out the Sohie website. It's on the main screen if you scroll down.

I know I may be slightly biased since I'm a current Sophie student, but in my opinion, Sophie offers a top notch education for unbelievable prices. Knowing that as an alumni, I will have the option to get my masters at a later point without having to worry about applying & getting accepting into another school's bridge program,plus doing so at CUNY prices, is a great comfort to me.

I'm glad I decided to come here & have not regretted my decision. I would gladly make that decision again in a heartbeat. What many people fail to realize is that in addition to the cost of attendence, you also have the loss of income since you can not hold a job while in PA school. The course load is too intense. Trust me when I say it is intense. I already have a BS in forensics & was able to go to school full-time while holding down a full-time job. PA school is 100x harder & 1000% more intense than regular college. I have quit my job to focus on school & still feel like there are not enough hrs in the day to study. Lol. I think that getting a top rate education & saving money on tuition all while knowing that I will have the opportunity to get an MS later on if I choose to, is a no-brainer to me. Once again, I know that I am biased. Lol. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck to all of you that are applying.

on the website, I saw a note saying that they would not be giving any updates, as they need time to fully focus on processing the apps. Hope this helps.

Good luck!

TJL

Anyone know how to get in touch with the administrative people? They never pick up the phone or answer emails...

Thank you so much. I am glad that my input is appreciated. The office does not run the website. I caught a typo on it the other day & pointed it out to one of the faculty members & she said that they are not in charge of it. I don't know how to make it a sticky on here. How do I do that?

I overlooked this the other day. This is GREAT Info!

I think you should make a post on this and I hope the Mod can give that post a sticky. Like you said, 90+% of schools out there do not grant a BS only degree, what does that mean? More tuition, more costs. Sophie, being one of the 10% while having a good reputation is very rare and privileged. Not only that, they are trying to and probably will, offer graduates a bridge to MS in the future, - that sentence basically saids it all.

And I highly encourage you to tell the staff to include what you just wrote on the info page (if possible). This is something that needs to be addressed and informed. And again, thank you very much for all these infos.

I hope everyone will get a chance to be interviewed and express themselves.

Please keep us updated and share the excitements.

Good luck all! =)

Update Update!!

I got an Interview Call today!!! OMG! I am so super duper excited... I'm scheduled for next Tuesday, April 2nd in the am.

Anyone else interviewing as well?? Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear back, and best wishes to all interviewees!

TJL

Hello,

I got a call for an interview yesterday.!! I've been waiting so long for this.. Words can not express how I felt when I received that call. I'm very nervous though!! To all that will be attending interviews, please keep us updated with your stories!! I will do the same, anything that can help current and future applicants as we have all been there!!! To current students or previous applicants that were interviewed: can you share your story with us?

Good luck to all!! :)

Hello,

I got a call for an interview yesterday.!! I've been waiting so long for this.. Words can not express how I felt when I received that call. I'm very nervous though!! To all that will be attending interviews, please keep us updated with your stories!! I will do the same, anything that can help current and future applicants as we have all been there!!! To current students or previous applicants that were interviewed: can you share your story with us?

Good luck to all!! :)

Yacosta815,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I also followed last year's thread during your application and interview process. I was very happy to hear that your were accepted and so glad that as a current student, you continue to share your stories with us! I received a call yesterday for an interview. I'm a bit nervous and I'm trying to get prepared (reading up on schools history, PA profession etc- everything you mentioned before). However you did mention that there would be an essay question and that is only for them to identify if you really wrote the personal essay that accompanies your application; my question is: what was it that they asked you? Is it medically related or just personal questions? I'm a little nervous and would like to get a little information on what goes on during the interview to be better prepared. I'm so excited, God knows how long I've been waiting for this call and all I've had to do for it! I really hope I am accepted :-/

Yacosta815,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I also followed last year's thread during your application and interview process. I was very happy to hear that your were accepted and so glad that as a current student, you continue to share your stories with us! I received a call yesterday for an interview. I'm a bit nervous and I'm trying to get prepared (reading up on schools history, PA profession etc- everything you mentioned before). However you did mention that there would be an essay question and that is only for them to identify if you really wrote the personal essay that accompanies your application; my question is: what was it that they asked you? Is it medically related or just personal questions? I'm a little nervous and would like to get a little information on what goes on during the interview to be better prepared. I'm so excited, God knows how long I've been waiting for this call and all I've had to do for it! I really hope I am accepted :-/

Archived