Just want to say that you are amazing. Thanks a lot for the tips :;-D:

Congrats to all that got interviews!!! For those of you that still haven't recieved a call, don't worry. They still haven't called all of those chosen for an interview. I wish you the best of luck!! Here are some tips for your interview. Know what the Sophie Davis PA program mission statement is. Know what the PA organizations are (AAPA & NYSSPA). Know what the letters stand for & who the leaders are. The latest director of Sophie Davis PA program is Emilia Medina who is the interim director of the Sophie Davis PA program. Before her was Ms Gemina Gates. The questions that you get asked will depend on who's interviewing you and what you have written in your application, so therefore, questions can vary. Reread your statement letter several times before you get there. They might ask you about it. Look for any weaknesses that your grades or application might have & be ready to address any of them. Be ready to answer why they should pick you as opposed to the other people that will be there that day. The reason has to be more than "I really want it". So does every other applicant. That doesn't set you apart. There is a really great book that I used to help me prepare for my interview. I think it might be helpful. It's called Acing the PA interview by Andrew Rodican. It gives a lot of potential interview questions. I also googled & searched the Internet for interview questions. I practiced asking myself hard questions in the mirror & forced myself to answer them. I rehearsed this all the time. Lol. I looked ridiculous but I was prepared for every single tough question. If they ask you a question, don't panic. Acknowledge the question & let them know that you need to think about it for a second. Try to come up with an answer as quickly as possible. They asked me a question (don't remember what it was) that caught me off guard. I responded with "wow, that's a good question. Never thought about that, hmmm". That was enough to buy me some time to come up with an answer. Lol. At the end of your interview, they will probably ask you if you have any questions. If they don't, tell them that you have a few questions. I have always done this at every single job interview & also at my Sophie Davis interview. I have always gotten the job & also got accepted into Sophie. Ask each interviewer questions about themselves. If they are a PA, ask them how long have they been a PA & if they went to Sophie. Show interest in them. It shouldn't be a one sided conversation. My experience has shown me that by getting them to talk about their experience with Sophie, it will bring up some happy proud feelings which they will then associate with my interview. It's a psychological trick, sort of like Pavlov's experiment. Lol. Ask any other questions that you may have about the program, but make sure that the answer hasn't already been addressed on the website. This is key!!! If you ask a question that has already been answered on the website, then they will think that you didn't take the time to check the website. Come prepared with your list of questions. Don't feel embarrassed about pulling out your list. I did & I asked all of my questions. I had about 6 or 7 questions. Good luck. I suggest getting to the interview at least 10-15 minutes early. Don't wear any heavy cologne or perfume. I actually chose not to wear any perfume just in case one of my interviewers was allergic or didn't like it. Ladies, keep your make-up minimal. No bright colors. Minimal jewlery as well. I suggest wearing a nice dark skirt-suit or pantsuit with a white or light colored top. Keep shoes simple. This is not the time to showcase your extravagant or wacky shoe collection. Wear simple monochromatic flats or small pumps. Guys, definitely wear a tie!!!! Guys in the program need to wear a tie everyday, so it benefits you to start out in the best foot in the interview. Wear a dark suit & light shirt. Many studies have shown that this combination is the best to impress. (I used to be in sales before PA school, lol). Good luck!!!!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are truly awesome!! We can't say enough how much we appreciate you time and input. Thank you so much! :)

Congrats to all that got interviews!!! For those of you that still haven't recieved a call, don't worry. They still haven't called all of those chosen for an interview. I wish you the best of luck!! Here are some tips for your interview. Know what the Sophie Davis PA program mission statement is. Know what the PA organizations are (AAPA & NYSSPA). Know what the letters stand for & who the leaders are. The latest director of Sophie Davis PA program is Emilia Medina who is the interim director of the Sophie Davis PA program. Before her was Ms Gemina Gates. The questions that you get asked will depend on who's interviewing you and what you have written in your application, so therefore, questions can vary. Reread your statement letter several times before you get there. They might ask you about it. Look for any weaknesses that your grades or application might have & be ready to address any of them. Be ready to answer why they should pick you as opposed to the other people that will be there that day. The reason has to be more than "I really want it". So does every other applicant. That doesn't set you apart. There is a really great book that I used to help me prepare for my interview. I think it might be helpful. It's called Acing the PA interview by Andrew Rodican. It gives a lot of potential interview questions. I also googled & searched the Internet for interview questions. I practiced asking myself hard questions in the mirror & forced myself to answer them. I rehearsed this all the time. Lol. I looked ridiculous but I was prepared for every single tough question. If they ask you a question, don't panic. Acknowledge the question & let them know that you need to think about it for a second. Try to come up with an answer as quickly as possible. They asked me a question (don't remember what it was) that caught me off guard. I responded with "wow, that's a good question. Never thought about that, hmmm". That was enough to buy me some time to come up with an answer. Lol. At the end of your interview, they will probably ask you if you have any questions. If they don't, tell them that you have a few questions. I have always done this at every single job interview & also at my Sophie Davis interview. I have always gotten the job & also got accepted into Sophie. Ask each interviewer questions about themselves. If they are a PA, ask them how long have they been a PA & if they went to Sophie. Show interest in them. It shouldn't be a one sided conversation. My experience has shown me that by getting them to talk about their experience with Sophie, it will bring up some happy proud feelings which they will then associate with my interview. It's a psychological trick, sort of like Pavlov's experiment. Lol. Ask any other questions that you may have about the program, but make sure that the answer hasn't already been addressed on the website. This is key!!! If you ask a question that has already been answered on the website, then they will think that you didn't take the time to check the website. Come prepared with your list of questions. Don't feel embarrassed about pulling out your list. I did & I asked all of my questions. I had about 6 or 7 questions. Good luck. I suggest getting to the interview at least 10-15 minutes early. Don't wear any heavy cologne or perfume. I actually chose not to wear any perfume just in case one of my interviewers was allergic or didn't like it. Ladies, keep your make-up minimal. No bright colors. Minimal jewlery as well. I suggest wearing a nice dark skirt-suit or pantsuit with a white or light colored top. Keep shoes simple. This is not the time to showcase your extravagant or wacky shoe collection. Wear simple monochromatic flats or small pumps. Guys, definitely wear a tie!!!! Guys in the program need to wear a tie everyday, so it benefits you to start out in the best foot in the interview. Wear a dark suit & light shirt. Many studies have shown that this combination is the best to impress. (I used to be in sales before PA school, lol). Good luck!!!!

You are truly awesome!! We can't say enough how much we appreciate you time and input. Thank you so much! :)

@Yacosta815 You're truly amazing!!!! Thank you so much.

@Yacosta815 You're truly amazing!!!! Thank you so much.

Man... after a week of exams and not checking on this forum, and now everyone got a call for interview.

I envy you all T T. Wish you all the best of luck!

I will also be preparing for interviews for two other schools, but I hope and pray that Sophie will call me.

For those of us that have not receive a call from Sophie, lets stay positive. Its still March!

Don't get too caught up on this and keep on doing what you are doing now.

And to everyone who got a call, I wish you guys the BEST of LUCK. A week to prepare for the interview is a little hasty, but I'm sure each and every one of you will make it worth. You are already a step ahead and now just go for it^ ^. I hope sometimes next week we can hear more wonderful news/stories.

Yacosta- you're kind of like the guard mother of this year's class lol... I do not know how to make a sticky, but maybe if you have any spare time in the future, just copy paste what you wrote about Sophie, and create a post with it, headline: Sophie's Possible Plan 2020. I'm sure, future prospective students will get to see it. Again, thanks for the light. This is why I want to get into Sophie even more than other schools now. (Students like you). lol.

Man... after a week of exams and not checking on this forum, and now everyone got a call for interview.

I will also be preparing for interviews for two other schools, but I hope and pray that Sophie will call me.

For those of us that have not receive a call from Sophie, lets stay positive. Its still March!

And to everyone who got a call, I wish you guys the BEST of LUCK. A week to prepare for the interview is a little hasty, but I'm sure each and every one of you will make it worth. You are already a step ahead and now just go for it^ ^. I hope sometimes next week we can hear more wonderful news/stories.

Yacosta- you're kind of like the guard mother of this year's class lol... I do not know how to make a sticky, but maybe if you have any spare time in the future, just copy paste what you wrote about Sophie, and create a post with it, headline: Sophie's Possible Plan 2020. I'm sure, future prospective students will get to see it. Again, thanks for the light. This is why I want to get into Sophie even more than other schools now. (Students like you). lol.

Awww thanks. That really made me smile. "Guard mama". I like the sound of that. Lol. I hope you get an interview. Don't fret. It's still early. Interviews appointments will still be made. The school is on spring break right now.

Btw, one more tip. If they ask you if you applied to other schools, let them know that you have. Tell them that you are dedicated to becoming a PA by any means possible & that it would be foolish to apply only to one school. Tell them that you are also interviewing at other schools (even if you're not). Maybe if they think that other schools want you, they will also want you. It's a trick I used to do at all my pharmaceutical sales interviews. It always used to make the company more interested in me, which I of course parlayed into a larger salary. Lol.

Wrap it up by saying that Sophie is your #1 choice. Don't say that it's because it's cheaper than other schools. You don't want to ignore the fact that it is ridiculously cheap compared to other schools. They know it is (if you say it's not, they'll know you're lying), but they don't want to hear that it's the main reason. Say that Sophie is your too choice because of its unparalleled teaching environment, how it's remained true to it's mission statement, the fact that it focuses on teaching minority students, it's desire to create PAs that focus on primary care for underserved communities & of course, it's top notch education & unbelievable prices.

Good luck!!!!

Awww thanks. That really made me smile. "Guard mama". I like the sound of that. Lol. I hope you get an interview. Don't fret. It's still early. Interviews appointments will still be made. The school is on spring break right now.

Btw, one more tip. If they ask you if you applied to other schools, let them know that you have. Tell them that you are dedicated to becoming a PA by any means possible & that it would be foolish to apply only to one school. Tell them that you are also interviewing at other schools (even if you're not). Maybe if they think that other schools want you, they will also want you. It's a trick I used to do at all my pharmaceutical sales interviews. It always used to make the company more interested in me, which I of course parlayed into a larger salary. Lol.

Wrap it up by saying that Sophie is your #1 choice. Don't say that it's because it's cheaper than other schools. You don't want to ignore the fact that it is ridiculously cheap compared to other schools. They know it is (if you say it's not, they'll know you're lying), but they don't want to hear that it's the main reason. Say that Sophie is your too choice because of its unparalleled teaching environment, how it's remained true to it's mission statement, the fact that it focuses on teaching minority students, it's desire to create PAs that focus on primary care for underserved communities & of course, it's top notch education & unbelievable prices.

Good luck!!!!

Awwwwww. Thanks leinaduo17, tjl2012, & Dia967. You girls/guys (can't tell from your screen names, lol) are too sweet. I remember last year when I was applying, we didn't have anyone helping us out with tips. A prior graduate came on after we got accepted. I asked him a million questions via private message. Lol. We ended up becoming Facebook friends where I continued to ask him questions. Lol. I wanted to return the favor & pay it forward. Hopefully you will do the same for the following class.

Awwwwww. Thanks leinaduo17, tjl2012, & Dia967. You girls/guys (can't tell from your screen names, lol) are too sweet. I remember last year when I was applying, we didn't have anyone helping us out with tips. A prior graduate came on after we got accepted. I asked him a million questions via private message. Lol. We ended up becoming Facebook friends where I continued to ask him questions. Lol. I wanted to return the favor & pay it forward. Hopefully you will do the same for the following class.

hi everyone!

I received a second letter saying my application is being reviewed and to make sure i submitted my "suplemental application for PA prgram" anyone knows what this means? All i was aware about that must be submitted is the physical application which i personally delivered and also the application submitted online to transfer schools. Am i missing something? anyone got the same letter?

hi everyone!

I received a second letter saying my application is being reviewed and to make sure i submitted my "suplemental application for PA prgram" anyone knows what this means? All i was aware about that must be submitted is the physical application which i personally delivered and also the application submitted online to transfer schools. Am i missing something? anyone got the same letter?

Archived