Emergency/Consultation Psychiatry Smart-Phrases

Hi everyone! 

I’m a PA who has just begun a position as a provider in the psychiatric emergency area of a local hospital as well as doing psych consultations for the med/surg floors. 

I’m wondering if anyone has any good dot phrases/smart phrases that would be useful for my area of work, including templates for HPI, ROS, PE/MSE, Assessment/Plan, discharge, or anything else that may be relevant. 

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks in advance! 

I never built any .phrases for this in Epic, but my general template for mental health/psyche assessments when I did a lot of intake for mental health patients in a trauma center (we had an ED psyche unit and an IP one) was:

• Mood is ____ with ____ affect, with values of things like pleasant, calm, agitated, angry, anxious, labile, etc for mood and congruent, flat, etc for affect
  • Thought process is ___ with values like linear, disjointed, shows flight of ideas, etc.
  • Judgment and insight are ____ with values like good, fair, poor, impaired
  • Visual and/or auditory hallucinations are ____ with values like reported, observed, absent
  • Suicidal/homicidal _____ with values like ideation, thoughts (with/without plan), attempts

I also always documented prior mental health tx or lack there of, and whether OP or IP, and compliance.

• 3 months later...