New Grad Psych Offer - Advice appreciated!

Hello everyone!

First time posting here and seeking some advice for a new grad job offer that I received. The position is for a Psychiatry job in a local community hospital in the northeast that I previously rotated at and loved. I will be working closely to start with my old preceptor who I get along extremely well with. The job consists of ED psych consults, psych consults on med/surg floors, and some inpatient psych work as needed on the psych floor. 

They’re offering:

• Base salary of $125,000 for the first year with a $5,000 sign on bonus and salary increase to $130,000 for the second year. 
  • RVU bonus after 4200 RVUs are met. (I do need to inquire a bit more about this but they did tell me that all other providers always meet this bonus without issue)
  • 401K matching at 1-2%
  • Medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance are pretty standard 
  • 23 days combined PTO and sick bank which accrue and rollover yearly 
  • 40 Hours per week Mon-Fri. No Weekends required but do have the ability to pick up for extra pay. 
  • Will inquire about malpractice
  • Licensing fees covered and $1,500 CME allowance per year 

My previous experience before PA school was in psych so I am extremely excited about the offer but was just seeking any advice that anyone may have before I officially sign. 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Edited by GoRhody
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Excellent job!!! Congratulations.  You will also learn a lot of medicine being in a hospital setting.  Just a side note:  during my in patient psych rotation a women came to the ER on several occasions for possible seizures.  Every provider she saw said it was a conversion disorder due to stress.  Psychiatrist evaluated in ER advised Head CT - she had a large glioblastoma.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1