Outpatient reimbursement

I am looking for some insight from any PA practicing in outpatient psychiatry, especially is TN or VA

I heard from a colleague that there has been some issue with reimbursement in the outpatient psychiatry realm that is specific to PA services

I wondered if anyone currently practicing in this specialty or anyone with knowledge about the situation could weigh in. 

Are PAs reimbursed at the normal rate or at a decreased rate?

Are there discrepancies between reimbursement for medicare/Medicaid and commercial insurers?

Thank you all in advance!

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I have practiced Psych in Virginia. There were no issues. Many practices bill incident to. The SP comes in on the the eval and signs the note. Then all future visits for that dx are billed under them. On occasion I have seen patients and not had the SP sign the note. In those cases they would bill under your NPI.

It really comes down to credentialing. If you are credentialed they will reimburse.