Weil Cornell EM PA residency 2022

Hey all I have an interview with the WC EM PA residency, just wanted to start this off so I could share my experience and if any of you have any experience or input on the program (or other NYC EM residencies for that matter) for you to share as well. My interview is tomorrow so I will let you all know then. Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/28/2022 at 10:48 AM, TeddyRucpin said:

Thanks. Would love to hear more info. Good luck.

No problem! I havent seen any posts specific to this program or any insight on the interview so I figured I would start this. 

Interview consisted of intro to program and different people involved (faculty, alumni, etc.) and then we were given break out rooms on Zoom to then have 3 individual interview sessions with 2 interviewers in each room, lasting about 15 mins per session. The questions included your typical interview questions (why EM, this program, describe yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc), but also consisted of some interesting "out there" questions, and even a medical question. Things you cannot necessarily prepare an answer for as you don't know what will be asked. 

when we were not in our break out rooms, the main zoom room had a couple current residents who we got to ask questions to. It was a pretty laid back interview and if you have one, I wish you all the best! 

Overall, a great experience, learned alot about the program, it makes me excited to hear back as this is my top choice for PA residency. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/2/2022 at 9:27 PM, Sunnyn said:

What were the topics/questions or "out there" and medicine questions?

Patient comes in with blank, what do you do?

and out there question was: what’s your least favorite diagnosis.

I felt the questions really were dependent on the person interviewing you. Some people were formal. Others very relaxed and just want to have more of a conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...