UW 2022-2023 Application cycle

1 hour ago, SoCalPrePa1 said:

Do you think it would hurt my application if I were to email for a status update? Last time I hear from them was in June stating that my application passed initial screening but it's been radio silent. Starting to give up hope. 

So, I emailed MEDEX already asking about how there interview selection process works. Their  website mentions rolling admissions, and I sat through an information session that talked about rolling admissions and you should apply before mid July if you hoped to get an interview seat. Looking at the dates people have been posting for when they applied and when they got an interview (Which has been super helpful for gaining understanding, thank you to everyone that has!) it seems they are much more focused on selecting students based on a well-rounded cohort and the rolling admissions does not really matter when it come to getting an interview.

This was their response, “we will be accept students on a rolling basis rather than waiting for all the interviews to conclude… Interviews  for the cycle will last from September 2022 to January 2023. Applicants who submitted their applications earlier may still be invited for an interview during this timeline.”

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, K36PrePA said:

So, I emailed MEDEX already asking about how there interview selection process works. Their  website mentions rolling admissions, and I sat through an information session that talked about rolling admissions and you should apply before mid July if you hoped to get an interview seat. Looking at the dates people have been posting for when they applied and when they got an interview (Which has been super helpful for gaining understanding, thank you to everyone that has!) it seems they are much more focused on selecting students based on a well-rounded cohort and the rolling admissions does not really matter when it come to getting an interview.

This was their response, “we will be accept students on a rolling basis rather than waiting for all the interviews to conclude… Interviews  for the cycle will last from September 2022 to January 2023. Applicants who submitted their applications earlier may still be invited for an interview during this timeline.”

Yeah, I think that their focus is trying to get well-rounded cohorts at each location. I actually submitted my app for UW later than the majority of the other programs (8/27 vs. 7/5). So I think "rolling" is relatively fluid and there are a lot of factors at play. 

*Fun fact: I still haven't heard from 4/5 of the other programs. So UW is perhaps a bit unique.  

• Upvote 1

I also received an invite for Seattle on October 28! 

my stats:

Application submitted: 7/17

Application verified: 7/18

Under faculty review: 7/22

Invitation to interview/ 9/28

Don’t give up hope everyone! I’ve never checked my email more in my life! 

Edited by SRB4PA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Basil said:

It looks like a lot of people got a response that their application was sent to faculty review within a week of verification. Is this correct? I’m wondering when/if I should contact the program if I never received an email that my application was forwarded to faculty review?

Nope. Many of us didn't receive confirmation until weeks/months later. In my case, I emailed them because I hadn't heard back and received immediate confirmation/verification. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 7:52 PM, SRB4PA said:

I also received an invite for Seattle on October 28! 

my stats:

Application submitted: 7/17

Application verified: 7/18

Under faculty review: 7/22

Invitation to interview/ 9/28

Don’t give up hope everyone! I’ve never checked my email more in my life! 

Where do you find when it’s verified vs when it’s under review. I just decided to apply last minute so I’m late to this process 

25 minutes ago, Nico3 said:

Where do you find when it’s verified vs when it’s under review. I just decided to apply last minute so I’m late to this process 

Verified is when CASPA tells you your submitted application was verified by CASPA, this can be found on the CASPA website and via email from CASPA.

Under/moved to faculty review is based on when UW emails you telling you you’ve moved forward to their “full faculty review process”.

Edited by Aidan57
  • Thanks 1