UW 2022-2023 Application cycle

I got an interview invite for Tacoma! 10/6. So excited. I was rejected last cycle and was getting pretty depressed this cycle with rejections from other programs. 

Good luck everyone. We have worked so hard for this. We deserve it. Keep your chins up. 

Submitted 6/28, verified 6/29. 

Edited by JessT
Adding info
  • Like 3

For everyone who got an interview,UW requires a 2X2 passport photo with white background. 

I used this site. It was like $5.99 and they formatted for me. The pic will be used on your ID should you get accepted so it needs to look really nice.

https://photobooth.online/en-us/us-passport-photo-online?gclid=Cj0KCQjw39uYBhCLARIsAD_SzMR_2HSUdhMJ5xdhwZnvHfArsAUayWr2PM2S5phNkIIa87pW7C1hYaQaAgwsEALw_wcB

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JessT said:

I got an interview invite for Tacoma! 10/6. So excited. I was rejected last cycle and was getting pretty depressed this cycle with rejections from other programs. 

Good luck everyone. We have worked so hard for this. We deserve it. Keep your chins up. 

Did you receive an interview last cycle?

Congrats on the interview invite this year + thanks for posting about the photo! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BuenaS said:

Congratulations!! Is it okay to know when you applied?

Hi!

Submitted CASPA + UW app: 07/02

Verified: 07/06 

Email from MEDEX stating requirements were not met: 07/18

Clarifying + submitting appropriate additional document: 07/21

Moved to faculty review: 08/17

Interview invite: 09/06 

Interview: 10/06 

I hope that helps! I had a small hiccup in my application process because of AP credits not being clear on my official transcript. Thankfully I still received an interview invite. 🙌🏼

4 hours ago, JessT said:

This was my first time applying and I was wondering when you first applied and didn't get in, did you get a rejection letter? Or do you just assume you didn't get in since you never got an interview? I've been religiously checking my email, for any news really... but I don't want to keep my hopes up or keep wasting my time for the anticipation if I know they aren't gonna send me anything. 

59 minutes ago, SarahCh said:

This was my first time applying and I was wondering when you first applied and didn't get in, did you get a rejection letter? Or do you just assume you didn't get in since you never got an interview? I've been religiously checking my email, for any news really... but I don't want to keep my hopes up or keep wasting my time for the anticipation if I know they aren't gonna send me anything. 

I'm a second time applicant and received an email for a rejection letter. Hoping I don't get the same letter this time around!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahCh said:

This is my second time applying and during my first cycle, I didn’t get an interview invite and the rejection letter was an email that arrived in February. There are usually 2 main interview invites per campus and then a 3rd catch all interview that seems to encompass all campuses. 

2 hours ago, Sharn said:

Did you receive an interview last cycle?

Congrats on the interview invite this year + thanks for posting about the photo! 

No, I didn’t get an invite and received a rejection email in February. I went to a re-applicant session and focused on advice given there. As a re-applicant, UW gives a space to explain how you improved your application. I was able to get more direct patient care hours, brush up on anatomy and physiology, add more volunteer and leadership hours, and apply earlier in the cycle. That seemed to help. 

Hi everyone, my application for Seattle was verified on 6/10 but I have not received an interview invite. From what I understand, invites are done in order of verification date and some applicants who were verified after me have already received their invites. At this point should I be preparing for a rejection or is there a chance I could be invited later this cycle?

3 minutes ago, jlevinson said:

Hi everyone, my application for Seattle was verified on 6/10 but I have not received an interview invite. From what I understand, invites are done in order of verification date and some applicants who were verified after me have already received their invites. At this point should I be preparing for a rejection or is there a chance I could be invited later this cycle?

I am in the SAME boat as you 😞 haven’t heard anything since then I was verified in the beginning of june

31 minutes ago, jlevinson said:

Wondering the same, I applied in mid-May and haven't heard anything. 

31 minutes ago, JonesNtoBPA said:

I also got my invite for Tacoma. I have declined due to acceptance with another program. Man... Last cycle MEDEX was my top choice program, this was hard to turn down, but I hope my spot is quickly offered to one of you guys! Best of luck everyone!

Congrats, that's fantastic news! Good luck to you!

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, did anyone receive an automatic email saying “ Your original email will be replied to within 7 to 10 business days of the receipt of this message” after confirming interview attendance for Tacoma ? Also congratulations to everyone who got an interview / acceptance so far!! We’re all gonna make it some day🫶🏾

Just now, Nanaa said:

Hi guys, did anyone receive an automatic email saying “ Your original email will be replied to within 7 to 10 business days of the receipt of this message” after confirming interview attendance for Tacoma ? Also congratulations to everyone who got an interview / acceptance so far!! We’re all gonna make it some day🫶🏾

Yes, i received that as well. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 11:05 PM, JessT said:

No, I didn’t get an invite and received a rejection email in February. I went to a re-applicant session and focused on advice given there. As a re-applicant, UW gives a space to explain how you improved your application. I was able to get more direct patient care hours, brush up on anatomy and physiology, add more volunteer and leadership hours, and apply earlier in the cycle. That seemed to help. 

Seconding this. The rejection last cycle came in early February, along with an attached "feedback and tips" document on how to improve your application for the next cycle. I also attended the re-applicant info session, which I thought was super helpful.

Congratulations to those who received interview invites! And best of luck to those of us still waiting to hear back!