UW 2022-2023 Application cycle

1 minute ago, JessT said:

I had an interview with you and really liked how calm you were and your sense of humor. I’m glad we get to be in the same class. 😊 I was the one with the kitten. 

I had a feeling that was you based on your username! How awesome, congrats again! I was really impressed by everyone at our interview. I think we're gonna be a great cohort. I hope those who didn't get the call today still get good news in the future. Seriously, everybody seemed like they'd make excellent PAs!

• Like 3

Hey all!

Seattle applicant peeps! I just wanted to say don’t lose hope. There is usually a interview round in December if you didn’t get November’s invite! Then sometimes a ‘catch all’ interview after that (which mean to fill whatever slots that are still available at all sites)  
I’m a current student at Medex, I had my interview in December, was waitlisted, and got a call a a week before orientation! It was a crazy turnaround but short story is, DO NOT lose HOPE!!!

goodluck everyone!  I know you worked damn hard to get to the application process!! 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, PaAlana56 said:

Hey all!

Seattle applicant peeps! I just wanted to say don’t lose hope. There is usually a interview round in December if you didn’t get November’s invite! Then sometimes a ‘catch all’ interview after that (which mean to fill whatever slots that are still available at all sites)  
I’m a current student at Medex, I had my interview in December, was waitlisted, and got a call a a week before orientation! It was a crazy turnaround but short story is, DO NOT lose HOPE!!!

goodluck everyone!  I know you worked damn hard to get to the application process!! 

Hey there, thanks for keeping it positive 🙂 It's been a little anxious around here lately. 

Do you know for sure if the 2nd round of interviews for Seattle has gone out?  I assume it has, given the timing, but I haven't seen anything. 

@PaAlana56 Thanks for sharing your story and inspiring hope!  

I interviewed for SEA on 9/30 and was waitlisted on 10/6.  I'm hoping because I was interviewed in one of the earlier rounds, that will increase my chances of being offered a seat. In the interim, I'm trying to keep myself occupied and not overthink when or if I'll be pulled off the waitlist.        

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Christiana11 said:

Hey there, thanks for keeping it positive 🙂 It's been a little anxious around here lately. 

Do you know for sure if the 2nd round of interviews for Seattle has gone out?  I assume it has, given the timing, but I haven't seen anything. 

The 2nd round went out last month. They are interviewing 10/28. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jayb2616 said:

Interviewing in for the Tacoma campus on 11/4! Any tips?

Know all of the common questions. And be ready to apply the STAR method to situational questions. Also look at moral and ethical questions. The way I approached those was to list out solutions, give the pros and cons for each, and offer a final solution based on what is clinically best for a patient. The master list of the most common interview questions is available on PA Platform for free. Some of them are repetitive but I went through and deleted those, they are the same question just worded a little differently. You can’t possible answer all of them. There are seriously like 400, less with deleting the repetitive ones. But what you can do is go through them and if one stumps you, highlight it and work on an answer. 

Practice over and over. Have your friends and family ask you questions. Record yourself answering them alone. Ask yourself questions while driving and answer them. Start over if you stumble. Watch any mock interview you can on YouTube. It helps a lot. 

You will be super nervous on interview day. Remember they want you to succeed. You are there because they are interested. Listen to the question, write main parts of it as they ask on scratch paper, refer back to it if you start to ramble so you know you actually answered it. And if you feel like you rambled, ask the interviewer if they need you to clarify. Be sincere and participate the best you can. Elaborate on what your peers say. 

Don’t have all of the answers to questions typed or written out. Just have some situational examples written down and remember to use STAR to answer them and loop it back to how that situation will make you a good PA. 

Best of luck. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jayb2616 said:

Interviewing in for the Tacoma campus on 11/4! Any tips?

Y'know, I bought an interview prep book and I ended up not reading it. You know yourself better than anyone and you can decide how much you want to prep, if at all. It's cliché, but at the end of the day you just have to be yourself and have fun! My only real recommendations are 1. Try to make connections with your classmates. It will help it feel more like a conversation than an interview. And 2. Go for a walk/run/etc. before if you can! It's a loooong interview day and I had a hard time sitting still and staying focused at the end. 

Good luck!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JessT said:

Know all of the common questions. And be ready to apply the STAR method to situational questions. Also look at moral and ethical questions. The way I approached those was to list out solutions, give the pros and cons for each, and offer a final solution based on what is clinically best for a patient. The master list of the most common interview questions is available on PA Platform for free. Some of them are repetitive but I went through and deleted those, they are the same question just worded a little differently. You can’t possible answer all of them. There are seriously like 400, less with deleting the repetitive ones. But what you can do is go through them and if one stumps you, highlight it and work on an answer. 

Practice over and over. Have your friends and family ask you questions. Record yourself answering them alone. Ask yourself questions while driving and answer them. Start over if you stumble. Watch any mock interview you can on YouTube. It helps a lot. 

You will be super nervous on interview day. Remember they want you to succeed. You are there because they are interested. Listen to the question, write main parts of it as they ask on scratch paper, refer back to it if you start to ramble so you know you actually answered it. And if you feel like you rambled, ask the interviewer if they need you to clarify. Be sincere and participate the best you can. Elaborate on what your peers say. 

Don’t have all of the answers to questions typed or written out. Just have some situational examples written down and remember to use STAR to answer them and loop it back to how that situation will make you a good PA. 

Best of luck. 

You're the best! Thank you!

• Like 1