UW 2022-2023 Application cycle

Just received an email stating that I did not meet the 2000+ Clinical hours requirement, even though I have 4000+.

I applied last year with less clinical hours and met the expectations...

Sent them an email stating that I definitely do exceed this requirement based on my documented hours in CASPA and I got an automatic reply saying that they will get back go me in 7-10 days.

So annoyed lol

Edited by Thisyearistheyear

2 hours ago, Thisyearistheyear said:

Just received an email stating that I did not meet the 2000+ Clinical hours requirement, even though I have 4000+.

I applied last year with less clinical hours and met the expectations...

Sent them an email stating that I definitely do exceed this requirement based on my documented hours in CASPA and I got an automatic reply saying that they will get back go me in 7-10 days.

So annoyed lol

Hi, I received an error on my application status too stating that my prerequisite grades did not meet the minimum B-/2.7 or better criteria. This is incorrect and I emailed them verification of this.

They may just be having some errors in their review process, as they do receive a lot of applications, so I wouldn't worry too much. In the past when I've contacted them too, they've been very quick to respond (often faster than 7 days).
Hope that helps!

3 hours ago, JonesNtoBPA said:

Hi, I received an error on my application status too stating that my prerequisite grades did not meet the minimum B-/2.7 or better criteria. This is incorrect and I emailed them verification of this.

They may just be having some errors in their review process, as they do receive a lot of applications, so I wouldn't worry too much. In the past when I've contacted them too, they've been very quick to respond (often faster than 7 days).
Hope that helps!

Yeah true. It's just always a shock when you get an email that you didn't meet pre-requisites.

Especially when their secondary essay is probably the longest out of any program haha

On 6/21/2022 at 12:46 PM, AG1010 said:

Submitted 6/3 and just received an email stating that I have met all requirements and am moving onto faculty review! YAY! One step closer!

Yay!!! That’s good news!!! I’m wondering if it’s based on campus preference for ordering wise. If you don’t mind, what was ur campus selections?

On 6/24/2022 at 2:13 PM, SoCalPrePa1 said:

Still have not received confirmation. Should I email them? My app was verified on 5/30 

From what I’ve read from previous applicants, seems like those who has Anchorage as their first choice didn’t hear from them until later on in the year, I know they interviewed January while everyone who chose Tacoma/Seattle interviewed October-ish. Also the year before that, seems like Anchorage was also late again compared to other sites. However if you did not choose anchorage, I think emailing them wouldn’t hurt? Keep us updated on your decision. Best of luck! 🙂

5 minutes ago, AspiringPA1001 said:

From what I’ve read from previous applicants, seems like those who has Anchorage as their first choice didn’t hear from them until later on in the year, I know they interviewed January while everyone who chose Tacoma/Seattle interviewed October-ish. Also the year before that, seems like Anchorage was also late again compared to other sites. However if you did not choose anchorage, I think emailing them wouldn’t hurt? Keep us updated on your decision. Best of luck! 🙂

Thank you! Seattle was my first choice and Tacoma was my second! Thank you for your insight and it gives me clarity lol. I will email them. 

8 minutes ago, Mydogiscute said:

For the microbiology prerequisite, I see they want a 5 credit course (on quarter system).. the microbiology my university offered was only 4 credits. Do you guys think my application will get denied because I won’t meet the prerequisites? Thank you!

Sad to say but most likely. They're very strict on requirements and with how many applicants they get, an exception is unlikely 😔

1 hour ago, SoCalPrePa1 said:

Anyone who chose Seattle at their first choice heard anything yet? I got confirmation that they received my application but only because I emailed them since it has been a month since I was verified. 

I also emailed them yesterday and just received a confirmation today. My first choice was Tacoma. It's so annoying that we have to email them first. They were so on top of it last year, I'm wondering what's been the hold up. 

1 hour ago, BuenaS said:

I also emailed them yesterday and just received a confirmation today. My first choice was Tacoma. It's so annoying that we have to email them first. They were so on top of it last year, I'm wondering what's been the hold up. 

How annoying!! Maybe that had an influx of applications this year compared to last year but who knows. Rooting for ya!

5 hours ago, SoCalPrePa1 said:

Anyone who chose Seattle at their first choice heard anything yet? I got confirmation that they received my application but only because I emailed them since it has been a month since I was verified. 

Seattle was my first choice and I received confirmation on 6/10. Submitted on 5/13. Haven't heard anything since then.. from the way that past years looks, they probably don't send invites out for another couple months? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, smegia said:

Seattle was my first choice and I received confirmation on 6/10. Submitted on 5/13. Haven't heard anything since then.. from the way that past years looks, they probably don't send invites out for another couple months? 

Ahhh, well I guess this is going to be a long waiting game. I am hoping for the best of the both of us 🙂