UW 2022-2023 Application cycle

On 6/11/2022 at 5:52 PM, Jbear said:

Help! I don't know how to approach this question. Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

"Please describe your experience and commitment to family medicine, primary care, rural, or underserved populations." 

They definitely have one of the longest and toughest supplementals. I approached it by going more into depth about various roles and how I thought they showed commitment to those populations. So for example I just listed each role paragraph style and wrote more in depth about them. Phlebotomist: CNA: Nonprofit Founder: Free clinic volunteer: Uninsured patient seeing a PA: 

3 hours ago, SoCalPrePa1 said:

hoping the best for you. How long did you hear back after faculty review for last year's cycle?

Thank you so much. You as well. It was about two weeks last cycle. And then dead silence from September to February, when the rejection came. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard back from them on anything? I submitted on 6/26 (was already verified by CASPA by then too). I haven't gotten a confirmation email from them since then. Should I email them to check?

(I applied to the Kona location as my first choice, if that makes a difference)

Edited by creamcheeese

On 6/21/2022 at 3:39 PM, Thisyearistheyear said:

Just received an email stating that I did not meet the 2000+ Clinical hours requirement, even though I have 4000+.

I applied last year with less clinical hours and met the expectations...

Sent them an email stating that I definitely do exceed this requirement based on my documented hours in CASPA and I got an automatic reply saying that they will get back go me in 7-10 days.

So annoyed lol

I got the same e-mail.... Curious on how you handled it. Did you resubmit descriptions of your clinical experiences or did you just let them know that they screened you incorrectly lololol 😅

4 hours ago, ORLance123456 said:

I got the same e-mail.... Curious on how you handled it. Did you resubmit descriptions of your clinical experiences or did you just let them know that they screened you incorrectly lololol 😅

I told them that I have over 4000 hours of experience, 2800 as an MA and 1600 as an athletic trainer. They got back to me, apologized for the mix up and let me know I meet their requirements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justgaia said:

On July 18th, I got a rejection letter due to not having met the last 60 credit GPA minimum. That was my first notification from them since I submitted my application on July 2nd.

Good luck all! 

so sorry to hear that! I encourage you to apply next year and take a couple of classes to help you boost up your last 60 credit GPA

• 2 weeks later...