UW 2022-2023 Application cycle

On 11/2/2022 at 3:29 PM, krenolds said:

Welp, I shouldn't have been feeling good about the interviews, but I got the email today that I was rejected. I got waitlisted at Yale, but apparently I'm not good enough for UW to bother waitlisting.

And I do feel like my interview went extremely well, so I'm lost as to how I can improve. My app is very strong.

I'm sorry to hear about your outcome. By chance can I ask what your name is? I was on the same interview and maybe I can provide any feedback if I happened to "meet" you or have a group interview with you? I'm sorry you are feeling so lost. 

On 11/1/2022 at 5:29 PM, krenolds said:

Wow, they're fast!! I had to wait 6 weeks to get waitlisted at Yale, and then another 2 weeks to get rejected.

I legitimately feel good about how Friday went, so I'm quite hopeful. Please don't crush my dreams, UW!

Yeah I have seen quite a few MEDEX applicants who also applied to Yale. I applied to the hybrid program, mainly because I wanted very much to stay in the PNW and I really like their PBL format. 

Edited by JessT

23 minutes ago, Jsolonar said:

Has anyone from the Tacoma class gotten an acceptance call? I heard that calls started going out this afternoon?

I know that my interview session had calls one day and some people thought they didn’t get in. Then they got calls the day after that. 

@jlevinson I echo the things others have already said. MEDEX is huge on their mission of making family med/primary care PAs who have strong WAMI connections. So anything in your statements that veers away from primary care or anything about not wanting to end up in a WAMI state would definitely be a negative.

Grasping at straws here somewhat because I agree you sound like a very competitive applicant. I would also be happy to look over your statements, I just got in at the Spokane campus as a first time applicant, submitted August 24th.

2 hours ago, BuenaS said:

Congrats on everybody getting accepted! Didn't get the call yet, so probably waitlisted or rejected like last year 🥲

But it was encouraging to hear that some of the interviewers were 3rd time applicants before they got in, so just got to try again next year 😅

NEVERMIND I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! I'M GOING TO BE A PA!!!!!

• Like 13

Congrats everyone who's gotten the call! 

For those still waiting, good luck! I had low-end GPA and PCE and was accepted as a first-time applicant. I agree with what others said; MEDEX seems to be hand picking people with certain personalities and backgrounds to make really diverse cohorts. I think in my case that's why I was chosen over others who looked much more competitive on paper. Feel free to message me and I can share more or review your PS, etc.

Has anyone got in after being wait listed? I had my interview with the Tacoma campus on Friday and received an email about being wait listed today. I am trying not to lose all hope but I just don't see why someone wouldn't accept their invitation...

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Max53 said:

Has anyone got in after being wait listed? I had my interview with the Tacoma campus on Friday and received an email about being wait listed today. I am trying not to lose all hope but I just don't see why someone wouldn't accept their invitation...

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I don’t think anyone has been taken off the waitlist yet. Based on the forum last year it’s very likely that they will start sending out acceptances for waitlist end November and December. It really depends on how early you interviewed. I think the earlier you interviewed that higher the chance of getting off the waitlist sooner. Also, I believe accepted students have 2 to 3 weeks to accept the offer . The wait feels brutal but don’t give up, a wait list is better than a rejection !! 😊

34 minutes ago, rmushimata said:

I don’t think anyone has been taken off the waitlist yet. Based on the forum last year it’s very likely that they will start sending out acceptances for waitlist end November and December. It really depends on how early you interviewed. I think the earlier you interviewed that higher the chance of getting off the waitlist sooner. Also, I believe accepted students have 2 to 3 weeks to accept the offer . The wait feels brutal but don’t give up, a wait list is better than a rejection !! 😊

Thank you so much for your response. I am taking it as a hard no but should really wait and see.

There may still be hope!

• Like 1

I applied to Medex last year and interviewed in December but was waitlisted. I had a friend that I interviewed with me and was accepted off of the waitlist (congrats to her!) This year I applied later than usual and was hoping it wouldn’t hurt me too much but after reading some of these comments it sounds like all of the interview invitations have been sent  for 2022-2023, is that true? Is anyone able to confirm?

Thank you,

Mahlia

Edited by mjharniss
Typo

9 hours ago, mjharniss said:

I applied to Medex last year and interviewed in December but was waitlisted. I had a friend that I interviewed with me and was accepted off of the waitlist (congrats to her!) This year I applied later than usual and was hoping it wouldn’t hurt me too much but after reading some of these comments it sounds like all of the interview invitations have been sent  for 2022-2023, is that true? Is anyone able to confirm?

Thank you,

Mahlia

I’m not sure if they already sent interview invites for Dec 2nd but I think they have another one for December 16. 

I think it really depends on who interviews you. For my first round, I got all the typical and traditional questions, and my second and third rounds were a little more unique but catered towards behavioral and ethical style questions where I utilized the STAR method to answer. When I talked with my coworker and soon to be PA classmate about her experience, she had completely different questions and different interviewers. 

10 hours ago, mjharniss said:

Thank you! I emailed medex as well. I will share their response once I receive it. 

Per the email response from MEDEX, “further updates, including interview invites if selected for an interview, will be provided via email between now and January 2023.”

The waiting game continues! 
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back and congrats to everyone who has been accepted. I hope we get to be classmates soon. 

• Like 1