UW 2022-2023 Application cycle

1 hour ago, ashyaver said:

Hello everyone! This is my first year applying and I don't have a great framework for what to expect. Based on reading about everyone's experience, it sounds like the last interview date may be 1/20.

I have applied and my application is "under review". Haven't heard anything since that email. What sort of timeline should I be expecting? Is it the end of the road for this cycle?

Thanks and good luck to all those still waiting. 🙂

This is also my first year applying and I was very lost on why I never got anything. So I emailed back in November if my application was in process and they said I would get a response from then to January 2023. But haven’t heard back and I actually found this forum yesterday. Now I’m bummed out hearing about the last interviews being 1/20.

16 minutes ago, Ashmoo said:

This is also my first year applying and I was very lost on why I never got anything. So I emailed back in November if my application was in process and they said I would get a response from then to January 2023. But haven’t heard back and I actually found this forum yesterday. Now I’m bummed out hearing about the last interviews being 1/20.

It's nice to hear from someone in a similar situation (but I'm sorry you're here too!). I saw a comment from "sarai" that "MEDEX told me they will still be sending interview invites until the end of January". I hope this is the case! Anyone else have any input? Thanks all.

• Like 1

Yes, my first time applying as well and I was getting discouraged with the 1/20 ‘catch all’ interview mentions in the forum. I reached out to MEDEX 12/30 and received the below message on 1/3: 

Thank you for reaching out, confirming your application is in review. Further updates, including interview invites if selected for interview, will be provided via email between now and the end of January 2023. More information about the application timeline can be found online here: https://familymedicine.uw.edu/medex/applicants/

I believe (hope) there might an interview invite for next week, depending on how tomorrow goes. I know it’s rolling admissions so applications are reviewed in order of when they were received and I submitted my application the day it was due 🙃 In any case, they will most likely send a “thank you for applying, try again next time” email. 

My email is dg4@hawaii.edu if you want to cry with me about it 😫 lol 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about those who haven't heard anything back yet. I can't speak to whether or not they'll be extending more interviews, but don't get discouraged. This was my second time applying and I'm so glad I got in this go around, but I was ready to have to do this whole dance again

Also, good luck to all of you doing interviews tomorrow. Can't wait to meet you, future classmates!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ashyaver said:

Hello everyone! This is my first year applying and I don't have a great framework for what to expect. Based on reading about everyone's experience, it sounds like the last interview date may be 1/20.

I have applied and my application is "under review". Haven't heard anything since that email. What sort of timeline should I be expecting? Is it the end of the road for this cycle?

Thanks and good luck to all those still waiting. 🙂

I’m also in the same boat….. not holding my breath but sure got fingers crossed they have one more session!!! 

• Like 2

Future you/Current MEDEX student here!

• The program is not what you think.
  • If you have other options for schools take them.
  • If this is your only option maybe take it.
  • Reach out to current students privately. Ask them their private opinion. Phone calls are best.
  • Seriously, do it ^^^.
  • If you have questions or don't believe me just do as above.
  • Encourage others to do the same.
  • This is clearly a throwaway for obvious reasons.

Sincerely,

future Dwight.🙃

9 hours ago, palove2023 said:

@Medex55, please if you don't mind can you tell why, this is my dream school and and I'm very worried now. You can pm me if you want.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry. I know two people privately, one who completed the program and is now happily working at Queens and another who is starting their clinical year and loved it in spite of ot being hard.  It's what you make of it, but MEDEX is #14 in the nation and that's something to be hella proud of. Sounds like they had a bad experience and are trying to take it out on the program. Wait and see

20 hours ago, Medex55 said:

Future you/Current MEDEX student here!

• The program is not what you think.
  • If you have other options for schools take them.
  • If this is your only option maybe take it.
  • Reach out to current students privately. Ask them their private opinion. Phone calls are best.
  • Seriously, do it ^^^.
  • If you have questions or don't believe me just do as above.
  • Encourage others to do the same.
  • This is clearly a throwaway for obvious reasons.

Sincerely,

future Dwight.🙃

I'm going to try and look at this through an empathetic lens and ASSUME this person wants to be helpful for prospective and future students instead of being passive aggressive or spiteful. As an office fan I don't appreciate the misuse of Jim's prank from season 3 episode 7-Dwight would never talk poorly about Dunder Mufflin in this way. 🤓

Rather than making a vague post about things "not being what they seem", I would appreciate an objective post describing what they are referencing and sharing their experience. This post is frankly viewed by my eyes like a bad yelp review-an angry customer that didn't get what they wanted and they are looking for a space to complain. 

Every program is going to have its negative and positive aspects, and not every school will fit everyone's needs. Medex continues to be a top ranking school year after year, so I take this post with a very large grain of salt. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, SRB4PA said:

I'm going to try and look at this through an empathetic lens and ASSUME this person wants to be helpful for prospective and future students instead of being passive aggressive or spiteful. As an office fan I don't appreciate the misuse of Jim's prank from season 3 episode 7-Dwight would never talk poorly about Dunder Mufflin in this way. 🤓

Rather than making a vague post about things "not being what they seem", I would appreciate an objective post describing what they are referencing and sharing their experience. This post is frankly viewed by my eyes like a bad yelp review-an angry customer that didn't get what they wanted and they are looking for a space to complain. 

Every program is going to have its negative and positive aspects, and not every school will fit everyone's needs. Medex continues to be a top ranking school year after year, so I take this post with a very large grain of salt. 

As an incoming student, this was my take as well. I would love for them to elaborate on their complaints. But regardless, I'm not concerned. If there was legitimate issues, the program would not be under continued accreditation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mintyness10 said:

Just got my acceptance call from the catch-all interview for Seattle!!! Im honestly still wondering if I actually got the call or I was hallucinating from the stress. Good luck to everyone and hope to meet you soon!

I think so many of us are in the same boat. The disbelief is real, but we really did do it. Congratulations!  That's huge. Our lives are about to change for the better. See ya at orientation!

• Like 1

Congrats everyone who got the acceptance call, and best of luck to the waitlisters! Like the faculty mentioned in the interview, making it as far as you have shows that you were a competitive candidate. I know for my interview I felt like every single person would make a wonderful PA. Sending good vibes to all!

BTW, if anyone from the catch-all got into the Tacoma cohort, please join us in our facebook group. We're simply "MEDEX Class 11- Tacoma". Cheers!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LionOfJuda said:

For those who got a call from medex , was the area random?

It could be. I received my call from a non-Washington area code.

I also wanna let y'all know that they haven't given us an orientation/start date yet, so I think that means they're still trying to finalize the class rosters!