UW 2022-2023 Application cycle

1 minute ago, Aidan57 said:

I missed their initial call here in Spokane and they didn’t leave one. I called back and they said they like to tell people over the phone and not via voicemail/email whenever possible.

Thank you for the insight everyone . I just wanted to know in case I get a random call, which happened today but no voicemail. I didn’t want to think too much into it . Don’t want to get my hopes high too much, but I’ll stay hopeful. 🤣🤣🤣

On 1/21/2023 at 11:37 AM, Medex55 said:

Future you/Current MEDEX student here!

• The program is not what you think.
  • If you have other options for schools take them.
  • If this is your only option maybe take it.
  • Reach out to current students privately. Ask them their private opinion. Phone calls are best.
  • Seriously, do it ^^^.
  • If you have questions or don't believe me just do as above.
  • Encourage others to do the same.
  • This is clearly a throwaway for obvious reasons.

Sincerely,

future Dwight.🙃

Hello, I am also a current MEDEX '56 Student and I agree with what this person is saying. We cannot provide details as we were made to sign an NDA during our orientation week. So if you want to know why please reach out to students directly. I am not providing my contact info here for my personal protection but you can get in touch with current students through our class social media pages. 

Edited by nomad

18 minutes ago, Jordan4797 said:

Has anyone gotten in touch with a current student - who shall remain nameless - and be able to expand on this information? Honestly it’s very concerning…

I agree, the first person who made this claim I didn’t really read too much into it but with the second person speaking up makes me a bit more concerned and curious. Ive been tempted to try and contact a current student but have not actually done it. Seems strange to have to sign a NDA at orientation.

• 2 weeks later...

CURRENT STUDENTS:

for the typical class schedule-what are start/end times for each quarter? I’m trying to coordinate child care and it’s hard to hire someone when I don’t know when classes will start or end 🤷‍♀️ Just a rough estimate would be helpful! Example: 8am start time, 4pm end time. Thanks I’m advance! 

Hi! Current class of 56 here for Seattle. I’m not sure which cohort you are in, if Seattle. It really varies each quarter. I would say anytime between 8-5 (usually rarely later than 5!) to be safe. When we have our clinical assessments you’ll get the schedule the day or so before and those happen anytime between 8-2pm. I commute about a hour on the light rail so it just depends on how close you’ll be to campus. But clinical assessments happen in your second quarter. Good luck & congrats!!! Enjoy your time before the program starts, it gets VERY hectic. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...