UW 2022-2023 Application cycle

1 hour ago, JC027 said:

Just got invited to the catch all interview! Does anyone have any advice? Anything is appreciated! 

Congrats!! The interview conference was very fun and chill! Everybody is super nice  Compared to last year, they let the interviewees decide who answered first. I always tried to answer first, I felt like it showed that I was more confident and helped me stand out. 

So the first round are introductory questions. They already know what's on your application, so try to talk about something interesting, something that will make you memorable. For my introduction, I didn't go into depth about my education or PCE. I talked about my family, my interest, hobbies, etc. They will ask you specifically about your PCE/volunteering/research in other questions.

2nd and 3rd round are ethical and scenario (I don't exactly remember which comes first). You can find most practice questions online. I utilized PA Platform's interview course (I think it was about $79) to help me structure my answers better. It also helped me narrow down some good stories/examples to answer a variety of questions. You really want to show in your answers that you will be a good PA. For example, don't just talk about improving in your classes; talk about what skills you learned (organization, time management, stress management) that you will utilize in PA school to succeed or use in your practice in PA, etc. 

You want to practice saying your answers out loud. Ask friends and family for help. Once you feel more comfortable, I recommend doing a mock interview at least a week before. PA Platform has mock interview services, but I went on Fiverr for cheaper alternatives. 

Good luck!!! You got this!!

Edited by BuenaS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 1/6/2023 at 8:27 AM, Chaoticscissortail said:

Hey there, dose anyone know if Medex is up for giving feedback after an unsuccessful application?

I believe they do a universal session after the cycle closes for people that didn't make it in and offer up tips for the next application cycle. I don't know if they give specifics on individual applications, but its worth emailing and asking!

1 hour ago, infmusix said:

Have not heard anything back since October with the confirmation of my application being sent for faculty review. Does anyone know the last interview dates for the program? 

In previous posts someone said 1/20 was the last interview date, and they typically send out invitations a month before. 

9 hours ago, infmusix said:

Have not heard anything back since October with the confirmation of my application being sent for faculty review. Does anyone know the last interview dates for the program? 

MEDEX told me they will still be sending interview invites until the end of January. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, acnls3 said:

Congratulations to you!!! Kona is my first choice to get in! Any advices/tips for interview? (What help you the most during your prep?) Thank you!!! 

Thanks! I made notecards on certain topics: my why, values, why I’m an ideal candidate, why MEDEX is the school I want to go to, ethical topics, knowledge of the PA profession…etc. and just kept reviewing them and having my boyfriend question me. Also just reviewed the papers I wrote during the application process. They made us feel pretty relaxed like it was just a conversation which was nice : ) 

I got my acceptance call on Monday.  Crying in my car, doing my best to go through the formal acceptance and then celebrating.  Can't wait to meet all my new classmates!  I met some of you on the 6th but good luck to those who will be joining us from the catch all group!.  Good luck to our wait listers as well.  Everyone I met was very deserving of the spot.  If you didn't make it this go around, good luck if you decide to try again.  This was my second attempt so keep up hope.  

Also to any who peruse this forum and have gotten accepted, my email is protzman@hawaii.edu.  Would love to connect!

• Like 2

Hello,  Tacoma Class 10 student here.  Congratulations to all who are accepted this year! 

We are selling Tacoma Class 10 shirts to support our class government.  

https://forms.gle/DybCokLJxA34vX1V6

Above is the link if you're interested.  Payment info/ instructions is also listed on the form. 

We have an instagram which is the best way to reach out if you have a question.  All campuses have one if you were accepted to another campus.  Have a great rest of the year!

43 minutes ago, Paschool206 said:

I’m concerned there’s been an administrative mistake because I am scheduled for the Jan 20th interview but haven’t received any agenda or registration link. I am now trouble shooting. If anyone has any direct number or email, please direct message me.  The medex email says responses take 7-10 days. And their phone number just says to email them. And the interview is in 2 days. 🤞

I got the agenda last night. They respond pretty quickly if its an urgent matter! They always responded to my questions really quickly. I declined my interview seat for 1/20 last night and they emailed me back this morning confirming that I am withdrawing.

3 minutes ago, creamcheeese said:

I got the agenda last night. They respond pretty quickly if its an urgent matter! They always responded to my questions really quickly. I declined my interview seat for 1/20 last night and they emailed me back this morning confirming that I am withdrawing.

Thanks they just got back to me! probably because I sent several emails 😅 see you all Friday 

Hello everyone! This is my first year applying and I don't have a great framework for what to expect. Based on reading about everyone's experience, it sounds like the last interview date may be 1/20.

I have applied and my application is "under review". Haven't heard anything since that email. What sort of timeline should I be expecting? Is it the end of the road for this cycle?

Thanks and good luck to all those still waiting. 🙂