NHSC Scholarship 2022-2023

5 hours ago, pbluver97 said:

So looking at this thread makes me a bit nervous, the only one that I put my social security # on was the verification form 😞

I did not put mine either as there really wasn't any specifications on doing that on the site or application. That would be really annoying if they made that a rule because I found that no where in writing about the rules to submission so I really hope not! 😕

On 4/6/2022 at 3:02 PM, neuropanhsc said:

I've read in previous years application's for all of the supplemental documents "Each document submitted must include the applicant’s first name, last name, discipline, and last four digits of their social security number." I have not seen any mention of this in this years program guidance. Is it no longer required or am I missing it somewhere? Thanks yall!

Hi! I contacted NHSC directly and asked them about this and they said that is old practice and the SSN only needs to be on the enrollment verification. 

On 5/8/2022 at 7:58 PM, eventuallyPA said:

I did not put mine either as there really wasn't any specifications on doing that on the site or application. That would be really annoying if they made that a rule because I found that no where in writing about the rules to submission so I really hope not! 😕

I contacted NHSC and they said putting the SSN on all the documents is something they used to require, but not anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if PA schools with an ‘Accreditation Provisional’ status counts as being accredited for NHSC? Turned in my app already obviously, but just noticed that stipulation on the PA specific instructions. My PA school popped up as an option when choosing my school, so I didn’t think much of it at the time. 

@zeshu I would also like to know. My PA school is the same. My financial aid advisor and myself received two different answers. I was told that I would be okay and that the school would qualify and my advisor said she was told the school wouldn’t qualify because it’s provisional. So I submitted and was going to see what happens, but it would be nice to know. 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:23 PM, TiarraB said:

@zeshu I would also like to know. My PA school is the same. My financial aid advisor and myself received two different answers. I was told that I would be okay and that the school would qualify and my advisor said she was told the school wouldn’t qualify because it’s provisional. So I submitted and was going to see what happens, but it would be nice to know. 

You would think that if the school showed up as an option on the “what school do you go to” and details about the school popped up, it would qualify right? Very confusing, just hoping it’s okay given that most PA school are provisional, etc since so many programs are newer. 

On 5/11/2022 at 8:11 AM, zeshu said:

Does anyone know if PA schools with an ‘Accreditation Provisional’ status counts as being accredited for NHSC? Turned in my app already obviously, but just noticed that stipulation on the PA specific instructions. My PA school popped up as an option when choosing my school, so I didn’t think much of it at the time. 

I am a current NHSC scholar attending a PA program with provisional accreditation. Hope this helps! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, camtif said:

For the hard inquiry on my credit, what should I be looking out for? An email, something directly on my credit, etc?

I use Credit Karma. They update daily and give you a summary of your credit score. They have a section for any hard inquiries done on your credit.