NHSC Scholarship 2022-2023

I've read in previous years application's for all of the supplemental documents "Each document submitted must include the applicant’s first name, last name, discipline, and last four digits of their social security number." I have not seen any mention of this in this years program guidance. Is it no longer required or am I missing it somewhere? Thanks yall!

1 hour ago, eventuallyPA said:

My program started this past January and is 29 months. Does anyone know what dates are recommended to put or does anyone know who i can reach out to on their site to ask? 

Just call their applicant service number it should be there somewhere on the application webpage or the pdf. Theyre really helpful

hey all! im interested in applying for this scholarship but im a bit confused about how the years of service go after you've graduated. my fiancé is in the marine corps reserve and therefore can't be as flexible about relocation. does anyone know if we get a say in where we fulfill our service obligation? 

On 4/6/2022 at 6:02 PM, neuropanhsc said:

I've read in previous years application's for all of the supplemental documents "Each document submitted must include the applicant’s first name, last name, discipline, and last four digits of their social security number." I have not seen any mention of this in this years program guidance. Is it no longer required or am I missing it somewhere? Thanks yall!

Hi! I just asked this question in the Q&A session thats going on right now, and according to that, the only form that needs all of this is the verification form and not necessarily the essays and stuff like that!

27 minutes ago, Kbelle25 said:

Hi! I just asked this question in the Q&A session thats going on right now, and according to that, the only form that needs all of this is the verification form and not necessarily the essays and stuff like that!

No offense, but that Q&A was a mess… I saw the same questions asked multiple times with different answers. For example, I was told that none of the documents required a SSN or ID numbers. I also had one person tell me that multiple transcripts should be combined into one transcript and another person say they should be uploaded separately…I’m actually more confused after that session than I was before.

Edited by TinaH

15 hours ago, azkid said:

For traditional students (still in undergrad right now), are you uploading your high school transcript or just your current undergrad transcript, or both?

I was told to provide both my most recent completed transcript as well as my current transcript, as long as the in-progress transcript has at least a full year’s worth of credits. So you should include your high school transcript and current undergrad transcript.

Here's the direct information I received from the Q&A:

image.thumb.png.b66d108b3a9abbe98548b4139067a0bb.png

Edited by TinaH
more information

6 minutes ago, QuiteContrary said:

I was trying to find out if, for my 27 month program, I should choose 2 years or 30 months? Does anyone have any insight into this?

2 years support = 2 years service repayment

30mo =                 3 years service repayment

Are those extra 3mo worth another year of obligated service?       Your choice. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, QuiteContrary said:

I was trying to find out if, for my 27 month program, I should choose 2 years or 30 months? Does anyone have any insight into this?

Hi there! I'm in a 28 month program and was trying to make the same decision. I ended up choosing 2 years because that means I will only be contractually obligated to serve 2 years. Choosing 30 months would mean serving 3 years I believe. So, I felt that was a better option for me because once I finish with my scholarship service, I can transfer into the loan repayment program to finish off the rest of my loans If I am happy with where I am. However, If I'm not, I won't have to serve another year for 4 months of coverage. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/26/2022 at 4:38 PM, NigelD3 said:

Does anyone know what we should do in terms of uploading transcripts and what GPA to input if we did a DIY post-bacc? 

I think you would still upload a transcript from the last degree earned. I would assume that technically you did not receive a degree from a DIY post-bacc. 

I have noticed that in previous years, applicants were to include their last name, discipline, and last four of SS on every document they uploaded. However, those instructions are not present in this year's Program Guidance so I wonder if we don't have to do it this year? I asked this question at a Q&A and was told to only include the info if the document specifically askes us to. I'm not sure what to do because we do get different answers from different representatives. What are your thoughts?

4 minutes ago, AspPAS said:

I have noticed that in previous years, applicants were to include their last name, discipline, and last four of SS on every document they uploaded. However, those instructions are not present in this year's Program Guidance so I wonder if we don't have to do it this year? I asked this question at a Q&A and was told to only include the info if the document specifically askes us to. I'm not sure what to do because we do get different answers from different representatives. What are your thoughts?

I would call them instead to make sure, but I was told not to include that stuff unless it had a line for it in the form. I find that when I call they have better info.

• 2 weeks later...