UPitt Hybrid

Julia - I would love to think that! But there were people who hadnt even applied yet, and people who - in my opinion, should have well, not said anything in the chat.. lol.

It was good. Got to ask lots of questions! Got some good details on the program. Here Ill share my notes:

-24 month program

-8 clinical rotations all over the US

-3 immersive experiences (2 in first year, 1 in second year)

-The program is asynchronous as well as live zoom courses.

-They are accepting 100 students for the cohort. 

-Nov 1 is early deadline. 

-Next week (or so) interview emails will go out. Sounds like we will hear back either way. They said they believe that anyone who applied mid-September and prior is in the batch they are going through to make decisions on. 

Hope this helps!

Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview invite!!! I applied earlier in the summer and received a confirmation email on July 15th. I emailed admissions toward the end of August and was told I’d be hearing back soon. Should I be concerned that I have yet to hear anything yet?😳

59 minutes ago, AZParamedic2PA said:

For me - Im not worried. For several reasons, EVERY school has to start somewhere, but the campus PA program has never had any issues with their accreditation, and the faculty are the same. I think itd be cool to be the first graduating class too 🙂

Yeah same. My concern is not whether they can maintain their accreditation status, but whether the PA board will approve them to initiate their first cohort in March. 

1) The program is hybrid, and not that many hybrid programs are out there. I personally love learning online, not an issue for me but my opinion doesn't matter, it is the board that does.

2) The class will be around 100 people, whereas most program range between 40-60. Will the committee view this as too many students? 

I wish they can tell us how likely the program will be successfully launched. 

2 minutes ago, medicallyours said:

Yeah same. My concern is not whether they can maintain their accreditation status, but whether the PA board will approve them to initiate their first cohort in March. 

1) The program is hybrid, and not that many hybrid programs are out there. I personally love learning online, not an issue for me but my opinion doesn't matter, it is the board that does.

2) The class will be around 100 people, whereas most program range between 40-60. Will the committee view this as too many students? 

I wish they can tell us how likely the program will be successfully launched. 

I have the same concern since I was also accepted. Therefore I am still attending my upcoming interviews, and I think everyone should do too.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:20 AM, gabby1212 said:

Received an interview invite Yesterday! Applied 8/27.  Super excited for this program. Fingers crossed. Anyone who previously interviewed, how long until you heard back after your interview?

I received my acceptance phone call exactly one week after my interview

Edited by 2021pabound
  • Like 2