UPitt Hybrid

29 minutes ago, Julia1 said:

Sorry, I know you might be trying to prepare as much as you can but we're not supposed to share specific questions.

It starts with a 20 min essay, then 1 traditional interview with 2 interviewers at the same time, and 2 group discussions with the same group of 3. You have 20 min to discuss each prompt in that one.

Thank You for letting me know! Did the group discussions have the same interviewers from the traditional part?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 8:15 PM, PAMeme21 said:

Hi everyone, I interviewed a couple of days ago and was placed on the waitlist today. Anyone got accepted off the waitlist? Do you know if the list is ranked? Thanks!

I would say you have a good chance! I am interviewing and if hypothetically I get in I am still reapplying so I could get into another program and a spot would open up. I would stay hopeful but prepare to reapply. Good luck! Keep your head up!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aimeeperryn said:

I would say you have a good chance! I am interviewing and if hypothetically I get in I am still reapplying so I could get into another program and a spot would open up. I would stay hopeful but prepare to reapply. Good luck! Keep your head up!

Thank you! I'm just over CASPA, LORs, and supplemental essays lol. I think I'm going to reapply but maybe wait until June. Thank you for your kind words. Good luck to you!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MrsPols said:

Has anyone heard anything since January?! I was “waitlisted for an interview” in October and haven’t heard anything, besides them moving their start date, in months!!!

I was recently waitlisted and reached out to admissions. They said "We will begin pulling from the waitlist as soon as all interview days are completed." 

I am not sure when they will be done with interviews. I do know they are interviewing in March and April. Good luck!

40 minutes ago, PAMeme21 said:

I was recently waitlisted and reached out to admissions. They said "We will begin pulling from the waitlist as soon as all interview days are completed." 

I am not sure when they will be done with interviews. I do know they are interviewing in March and April. Good luck!

Thank you!! That helps!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PAMeme21 said:

Hi everyone, did anyone attend the webinar that was hosted today? They talked about the waitlist and I feel a bit discouraged now knowing that they might not pull applicants off the waitlist. 😢 Anyone heard any updates? Thanks!

I am confused. She said there was not a waitlist ranking but on their website you get allotted points for your application. Plus I felt discouraged as well but then I thought, come new summer/fall cycle some ppl may leave their spots for accredited and cheaper schools. I fit all the attributes she talked about too so at a lose to why I wasn't accepted. They won't give you feedback on that as well.

Edited by VQueenNerd
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, VQueenNerd said:

I am confused. She said there was not a waitlist ranking but on their website you get allotted points for your application. Plus I felt discouraged as well but then I thought, come new summer/fall cycle some ppl may leave their spots for accredited and cheaper schools. I fit all the attributes she talked about too so at a lose to why I wasn't accepted. They won't give you feedback on that as well.

Yes, I felt confused and disappointed but I'm not losing hope. I have faith in the program and faculty and would love to be a part of it. Let's keep pushing! We've got this💪

• Like 1

I have an interview tomorrow! I am so excited and nervous!

Anyone on here interviewing tomorrow? For those that have accepted an offer, I hope to call you all classmates and go through this adventure together! Its going to be a wild and amazing ride!

Edited by Fizzypop
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fizzypop said:

Anyone on here interviewing tomorrow? For those that have accepted an offer, I hope to call you all classmates and go through this adventure together! Its going to be a wild and amazing ride!

Goodluck you got this , I was accepted back on Dec .

On 3/16/2022 at 8:19 PM, PAMeme21 said:

Hi everyone, did anyone attend the webinar that was hosted today? They talked about the waitlist and I feel a bit discouraged now knowing that they might not pull applicants off the waitlist. 😢 Anyone heard any updates? Thanks!

Yes.. that was my impression too. I was told that they reached to the max capacity so  very slim chance they will pull out of the waitlist. I was really disappointed and sad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LetsgoPA7 said:

Yes.. that was my impression too. I was told that they reached to the max capacity so  very slim chance they will pull out of the waitlist. I was really disappointed and sad.

Did you hear that from admissions or from the webinar? The feedback from admissions that I got was different. I don't know if they reached the max capacity yet since they have 3 more rounds of interviews left. The only thing we can do now is wait and update them if we have accumulated new healthcare hours or finished any outstanding prerequisites. I'm very sad but I don't want to lose hope. I know many people who got accepted from the waitlist and are now either PA students or practicing PAs. I hope we all hear good news very soon 🙏

7 hours ago, Fizzypop said:

It's very exciting that you're interviewing tomorrow. Best of luck to you!

On 3/21/2022 at 3:21 PM, PASM9 said:

Goodluck you got this , I was accepted back on Dec .

I just received the email from UPitt to make an account so that admissions can communicate admission status. Once this happens, how fast should I expect to hear back from admissions? Getting very nervous lol!

On 3/24/2022 at 2:49 PM, Fizzypop said:

I just received the email from UPitt to make an account so that admissions can communicate admission status. Once this happens, how fast should I expect to hear back from admissions? Getting very nervous lol!

Did you hear anything else? Nervous too!