UPitt Hybrid

On 12/9/2021 at 6:24 PM, PA9008 said:

When did you apply? I am wondering if they are close to filling up all the seats. I applied late, like a few days ago because I just heard of the program.

I applied in October and i think you are right, as some people applied all the way back in spring. At this point i don't think they will invite me for the interview so i was taking some additional classes, took GRE and planning to get into a different school.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:54 PM, PA9008 said:

Applied the first week of December and received an interview invite today. I will be declining because I accepted a seat in another program! Good luck to everyone 🙂

Hello! Can I ask when your interview was offered? I was “waitlisted for an interview” in October and am still waiting. I assume they will deal with people from my status group after the non waitlisted interviewees are finished. 

For anyone looking to do a mock interview, I highly recommend https://www.theapplicationpulse.com/

@trazodoneI also had 2 mock interviews at my undergrad university which helped but they weren't as detailed and specific as the one I had with Dan. He is a PA and has been doing this for a long time. We went over all my answers individually which helped a lot. He gave me tips and real-world examples. A lot of the questions he asked me even came up during my actual interviews. I ended up getting accepted into 2 programs and wait listed at an additional one. This was my first cycle and I had applied to a total of 10 schools. My GPA and other states weren't as impressive as some other students but what eventually got me in was my personal statement, letters of recommendation and in the end the interview. Practicing interviews also made me less nervous and less robotic sounding at my actual interviews.

Dan was very thorough and even sent me a summary and additional tips after the interview. Highly recommend him! @trazodone

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 11:25 AM, Adsila said:

Thanks.

Do you know if the program is full?

I honestly don't know. I noticed in one earlier post from March that someone said they reached max capacity, but I don't think they would have scheduled interviews in June and July if they were full with a decent sized waitlist already as well, so I am remaining hopeful. I am anxiously awaiting the email now. How do you feel the interview went? I loved the group part. 

Edited by OptimisticPrePA

Just got my acceptance email!!! 

Interviewed Friday 7/15, Acceptance Email today 7/19.

So excited to join the others who have been accepted. Is there a facebook group for admitted students yet? I would love to join the group and get to know everyone. 

Edited by OptimisticPrePA

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, PAMeme21 said:

Hi everyone,

I can’t believe today is finally the day to say that I’ve been accepted into the program. I’m so excited to be a part of the cohort and wish everyone the best of luck! 

Congratulations!! So excited to have you in our cohort! Are you the one that just introduced yourself on our GroupMe? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, VQueenNerd said:

Just offered a seat! Woot! Was waitlisted since December.  Admitted with provisional admission status. I guess that means they got accredited?

Congratulations!!! Provisional means you have some things on your checklist to complete before "full" admission is offered. Usually it can be showing prereqs completed or sending them something. It should be on your letter though. Either way it is an admission so congratulations!! If you haven't already, join our GroupMe and Facebook page. 

• 4 months later...