UPitt Hybrid

1 hour ago, bwienz5 said:

I just got an acceptance email! But it does say that they changed the start date to January 2023…

I'm so confused because their website has not been updated and no one from enrollment has gotten back to me. Can anyone else confirm this as well?

I received an email yesterday of matriculating being August 2022 and the same day received it being January 2023 by someone else. 

I'm completely fine with a push back of date, but yes - I would have wanted to be kept in the loop (more so if I had already accepted a seat). I wonder if some people may choose to go elsewhere because now it's a year out to start (potentially). 

I wonder if the interview acceptances are going to cease from the last round until they meet to decide their plan. 🙂  Sounds like only 1 person has heard back.

I just got my acceptance email, interviewed 11/30. My email also said starting in Jan 2023. I’m fine with a later start date as long as I get to be a PA. But I wonder if maybe they want the cohorts to align with their on campus cohort? Not sure. They seem to be very well prepared either way 

• Like 1

Hi guys. I interviewed literally an hour ago. The start date is definitely moved to January. They said that it is not because of any issues specifically, they just want to make extra sure that they have trained the preceptors for clinical rotations properly. They emphasized that it was not because they were lacking in anything. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, cap382 said:

Hi guys. I interviewed literally an hour ago. The start date is definitely moved to January. They said that it is not because of any issues specifically, they just want to make extra sure that they have trained the preceptors for clinical rotations properly. They emphasized that it was not because they were lacking in anything. 

Thank you for this information! How does precepting work for clinical rotations? I was under the impression that there were about 2,000 clinical sites. Do they place you in rotations in the area/community you reside in with any available preceptors there? Or do they use their own preceptors for your location?

Hey there! I got waitlisted for the interview. Hopeful they will  eventually invite me for the interview, I also plan to get additional license and sent it to them, maybe it will bring me some points. I think I’m lacking clinical hours compared to other people and that is the problem, because my gpa is pretty good.. 

37 minutes ago, Vitash10 said:

Hey there! I got waitlisted for the interview. Hopeful they will  eventually invite me for the interview, I also plan to get additional license and sent it to them, maybe it will bring me some points. I think I’m lacking clinical hours compared to other people and that is the problem, because my gpa is pretty good.. 

When did you apply? I am wondering if they are close to filling up all the seats. I applied late, like a few days ago because I just heard of the program.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2021pabound said:

Hi everyone! Here’s some clarification from the program about the start date. They wanted it to line up with the in-person program so that the hybrid classes and clinical rotations ran smoothly. Their accreditation process has not been pushed back!

E36EC2C0-9760-45A1-9531-A6DA10781CEA.jpeg

If I’m not mistaken their accreditation meeting was moved from march to September 

• Upvote 1