Delaware Valley University

On 2/4/2022 at 4:21 PM, ABSPA said:

I got an interview invite yesterday morning! I am so happy, but also so nervous as this is my first interview. Does anyone know how many spots are filled?

Most are filled but that doesn’t mean you won’t be accepted or waitlisted. Don’t lose hope with a WL; seats open all the time. 

And @ariashannah don’t sweat the interview. I’ve said it before and will yell it from the rooftops that staff at DelVal is the best part of the program. They just want to know you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ariashannah said:

Let us know how it went!! I have mine with Jaime tomorrow and Shannon next week

It was great! Very conversational and laid back. I was nervous at first but felt comfortable really quickly. I have mine with Jaime tomorrow too and feel much better. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 7:11 PM, medic1210 said:

Most are filled but that doesn’t mean you won’t be accepted or waitlisted. Don’t lose hope with a WL; seats open all the time. 

And @ariashannah don’t sweat the interview. I’ve said it before and will yell it from the rooftops that staff at DelVal is the best part of the program. They just want to know you. 

Have people dropped out then? Per the email in November, they stated that “they have reached the maximum number of seats for acceptance”

4 minutes ago, Futhrepa202155 said:

Have people dropped out then? Per the email in November, they stated that “they have reached the maximum number of seats for acceptance”

It's a bird in hand situation. Most people are likely to accept wherever they are offered and then reassess if they are accepted later at a program that is higher up on their list. That is particularly true for a developing program such as this one, the the majority of people in the class chosen from the beginning have stuck around. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
22 hours ago, Mfio5 said:

So I think DelVal was supposed to hear about their provisional accreditation at the June 2022 meeting, but I don’t see anything updated on their website. Did they get approved? Is their first intake definitely happening this October?

I think we should be hearing any day now. I got an email from a school I was looking to possibly apply this cycle, that they now have accreditation from the June 2022 meeting. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I was recently accepted for the 2025 cohort and received a second acceptance for another program. I'm currently torn between both programs and was wondering what you all think about Doylestown and the campus itself (for those who have already explored/moved into the area). One of the programs starts in January and expects an answer within the week and it is not possible for me to make a sudden trip to the east coast to check campus out (I'm from southern CA). I'd really appreciate any information you can offer!

Edited by goldencclh

@goldencclh Doylestown has an incredibility cute downtown, and the campus is beautiful. DelVal is primarily known for its farming, agriculture programs so the campus is an abortorium complete with a lake that would be great for a mid class break or study spot! Doylestown is very close to Philadelphia too- part of the draw for me to be close to urban and rural clinical settings. Ability to complete coursework online is another big plus for me, along with the quality faculty. 

I think your other acceptance is in Buffalo- which has a bit more rough Winters, less of a small town, close knit community vibe that would be found in Doylestown 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...