Delaware Valley University

18 minutes ago, SamanthaAmber63 said:

They have a seat of 20 students. Most programs don’t fill seats on one interview. 

They took on a ton of interviews in the first month, 5 faculty members and each conducted between 40-60 interviews. They are continuing interviews into October and since it is a developing program and we are in the middle of interview season; some of the accepted students may accept offers elsewhere so the class will morph a bit in the next year. Not me though, I'll be there 😂

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JuliannaDo1PA said:

They took on a ton of interviews in the first month, 5 faculty members and each conducted between 40-60 interviews. They are continuing interviews into October and since it is a developing program and we are in the middle of interview season; some of the accepted students may accept offers elsewhere so the class will morph a bit in the next year. Not me though, I'll be there 😂

So that’s roughly 100-150 interviews (2 interviewers per applicant). For 20 seats. Wow. 

12 minutes ago, DOCRAH said:

How do you you know they are only accepting 20 students? I didn't see it listed anywhere on the website. That's a super small first cohort!!

In the interview information video it was stated a few times that there would only be 20 students in the cohort. During my interview, I spoke with Shannon who is the program director. She stated she had accepted the job offer because of the very intimately sized cohort. She said that the goal is to keep the cohort at 20 students for all future years to come so that the students benefit from hands on learning, counseling, are able to form better personal and professional relationships etc. These are all things that are difficult to do with 45+ students in a cohort as we can't get to know one another as well. So essentially, this will be the norm going forward, not just the cohort size for the first class. 

The CASPA home page for the program mentions a "small class size" but not specific numbers. I hope that helped answer your question, let me know if you need further clarification! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TM101 said:

Those who have gotten accepted Congratulations!! What would be your advice for the interview? I'm so nervous!! Any tips would really appreciate it. Thank You!

Relax is number one. It’s an awesome, laid-back interview and the staff is incredible. Cannot say enough good things. Just know why DelVal and the common stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 3:59 PM, DOCRAH said:

Wait the interview is over a two day period?? If so that's different. Why is that?

When you get an invite, the faculty who you will be interviewing with will send you a link to sign up for your interview times, and they can be same day, or spread out depending on what's available/what works for your schedule. The interviews were both very laid back and comfortable. I appreciated the 1:1 format a lot!🙂

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 4:59 PM, DOCRAH said:

Wait the interview is over a two day period?? If so that's different. Why is that?

The DelVal interviews are very unusual in the fact that most schools do either group interviews with other candidates or you have 6 - ten minute interviews with different members of faculty so they are able to weed out who they are and are not interested in personality wise. Other programs occasionally will also do 1 or 2 fifteen minute interviews or similar. DelVal does 2 thirty minute interviews where the staff can really get to know you. They don't want anything rehearsed and each interviewer has different questions. Shannon, the program director, advised me that you may have some of the same questions between your two interviewers but that is entirely coincidental as they do not compare answers at all. They just want to get a feel of who you are, how much you know about the PA profession, why you want to be a PA, what you've overcome to get to this point and of course ensure that you arent choosing PA just because you didn't get accepted to med school lol unfortunately that is a pretty common occurrence and because of the sheer number of med schools vs PA programs, it's actually easier to get into med school. That being said, know why you want it, know what you love about the DVU program (I can't say enough good things about DelVal, Medic1210 can attest to the fact that I won't shut about about how awesome the program is 😂), and just be yourself. They're super laid back and they just want to get to know you so a lot of the questions will have absolutely nothing to do with academics or work on experiences, it'll just be about you. Where you grew up, your favorite hobbies, what you do to destress (these are example questions of something similar to what I was asked but I'm not revealing any questions that I was actually asked as that would be inappropriate). Relax and be you! Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What @JuliannaDo1PA said !

Program is going to be solid. Faculty and staff come from established programs. Trust them. They know what they’re doing. And no cadaver lab is not a bad thing. I’ve done multiple and the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. I get the “romance” of it and it is incredibly kind of the donor, but it’s limited utility in a 24 month program. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I was accepted to DelVal and am very excited for the program - it seems like a great fit and the program directors are great. Is anyone else worried about the accreditation status? Not hearing back until July-ish means we must commit to this program with the possibility of not being able to attend if they do not receive accreditation..

Advice? Thank you!!