University of Tampa 2021-2022 Application Cycle

8 minutes ago, LC2PA said:

Anyone remember what they said about the email and how to pay the deposit? My brain went foggy at the time and now I can’t remember.

It’s okay I had to re-ask to make sure cause my mind was racing, she stated Wednesday we would get an official email welcome letter with directions. 

• Thanks 1

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in!! I can remember last February like it was yesterday and can honestly say it was one of the happiest times of my life. You all have worked extremely hard to get here and your hard work is beginning to pay off. For those of you not invited, it sucks, I know, I’ve been there. I spent three years getting nothing and nowhere and then got invited to two different programs in the same cycle year. This process has made you a stronger candidate moving forward whether you see it or not. This experience is invaluable and will serve to benefit you in the future with other interviews, I promise. Keep your chin up, learn from the experience and come back next year and show whoever you interview with why they need you. 

For those of you that don’t know who I am there’s a dissertation that I wrote about it and posted awhile back further up in this thread. Review if you need or want to. The Cliff’s Notes version is that I’m a medical transfer from the 2021 cohort into the 2022 cohort. That said, I’ve already done a few of the things that we will need to do as the cohort is made official after the deposits for seats are paid. I have already made our official cohort Facebook page, GroupMe pages (one official class business and one unofficial non class business page), and also the cohort MSTeams page. The Teams page is where the digital textbooks for the first semester will be. That teams page is basically useless to any of you until you have library access which won’t be until right around orientation. I already have the links to the texts in there and I will be checking them to make sure they still work as we get closer to time. 

As you make your decisions and decide to accept or decline your invitations, once you’ve paid to hold your seat at UT please reach out to me either direct message on this forum or to my phone directly or email directly so that I can add you to the official cohort pages. 

Again…congrats! Proud of all you guys! Can’t wait to start meeting you all and getting this ball rollin’. Take care. 

Regards, 

Chris McCaskill  PA-S              

University of Tampa              

Department of Physician Assistant Medicine                                        

Cohort 2022

541-817-4309

c.mccaskill@spartans.ut.edu                                       

Edited by Mac1973
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, 20UTPA22 said:

Congratulations to everyone!! Be very proud of yourselves!! Now my nerves are racing because I was anticipating on the 11th! Has everyone who got accepted already got a call? Like is that it? So does that mean we are automatically denied? 😢

You should get an email for either being waitlisted or passed over once all of the phone call invites are made. It’ll all be over this week one way or the other. I’d honestly be surprised if it goes beyond Friday. 

The waitlist will be used so don’t be discouraged if you are on that list. It’s an accomplishment unto itself. I’d say if your top 10 on the waitlist you’ll be on the radar for awhile. Into the summer. We had someone added off the waitlist during orientation week in August with the 2021 cohort. I think there were a couple other people added the month before orientation in July off of the waitlist. It ain’t over til it’s over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1