University of Tampa 2021-2022 Application Cycle

New to the forum. I see that there wasn't a thread on UT for this cycle so I figured I would make one.

A few points of note. UT is now requiring that all applicants take the PA-CAT for this cycle.

https://www.pa-cat.com/

It seems on CASPA, it asks for the scores of the PA CAT in the supplemental questions section of the application, meaning that the app cannot be submitted until the PA CAT is taken and scores received. Would this effect my ability to submit my CASPA application to other schools on my list before I take PA CAT?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Friends, 

I hope all and loved ones are well, safe, and healthy. 

I will be applying to the University of Tampa this week! I'm so S-T-O-K-E-D!!!! Still waiting on CASPA Verification.! 

First time applying to any PA Program, I've been dreaming of this moment for almost twenty years. 

Very Respectfully, 

Ryan C. Martin-Valenzuela, M.S. 

U.S. Navy, Retired 

My Pronouns Are: He/His/Him 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I recently applied to UT as I had to wait for my PA-CAT results. Does anyone that has submitted their application to UT know if that will prevent my application from being seen by admissions? I know for other programs this is far too late in the cycle to even apply. Thank you in advance for the insight. 

On 7/2/2021 at 8:20 AM, breeanne26 said:

Hey guys! I recently applied to UT as I had to wait for my PA-CAT results. Does anyone that has submitted their application to UT know if that will prevent my application from being seen by admissions? I know for other programs this is far too late in the cycle to even apply. Thank you in advance for the insight. 

they are not rolling admission. 

On 7/10/2021 at 9:48 AM, gessv00 said:

I got an email stating to submit the supplemental found on CASPA as soon as possible. I don’t see any supplemental unless they’re talking about the entire application itself? I am waiting for my PA-CAT score as I was under the impression that I needed to have that first before applying. The email said I could submit before getting the scores. I do see an option on CASPA that says “I’m unsure” for the scores, but I wanted to ask and see if anyone else knew before submitting early?

I am under the same impression that you have to have PA-CAT scores before you can submit your application. 

Hi guys, I emailed them regarding the email we all received that encouraged us to submit the "supplemental" asap etc. as it confused me (also they're non-rolling, so I was thrown off by this). They told me that the "supplemental" is just considered the questions within CASPA. Also, they told me it was ok to apply and select "I'm unsure" for my PA-CAT scores, as long as UTampa is selected to receive my scores by Exam Master when they become available. I took it this past Friday and won't have my scores for a few weeks, but I submitted just prior to taking the exam.

Hope that helps!

Edited by rachels91

8 hours ago, rachels91 said:

Hi guys, I emailed them regarding the email we all received that encouraged us to submit the "supplemental" asap etc. as it confused me (also they're non-rolling, so I was thrown off by this). They told me that the "supplemental" is just considered the questions within CASPA. Also, they told me it was ok to apply and select "I'm unsure" for my PA-CAT scores, as long as UTampa is selected to receive my scores by Exam Master when they become available. I took it this past Friday and won't have my scores for a few weeks, but I submitted just prior to taking the exam.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the information!! I really appreciate it 😊

On 7/17/2021 at 12:29 AM, rachels91 said:

Hope that helps!

Hi!

You said you submitted just prior to taking the exam, so I was wondering how long before you took the exam you submitted? A question on CASPA asked if the PA-CAT was taken and if I hit no there’s something that says if you answered no then don’t submit. I am taking the exam July 29 so not sure if I should just wait till I actually take it and can click “yes”

On 7/18/2021 at 7:50 PM, Prepahayls said:

Hi!

You said you submitted just prior to taking the exam, so I was wondering how long before you took the exam you submitted? A question on CASPA asked if the PA-CAT was taken and if I hit no there’s something that says if you answered no then don’t submit. I am taking the exam July 29 so not sure if I should just wait till I actually take it and can click “yes”

Hey!

So it doesn't matter---as long as U Tampa is selected to receive your scores when they become available, you can select "yes" where it asks if you've taken the exam (even if you haven't), and "I'm unsure" for the score. If not, like you mentioned, you aren't "eligible" to apply. They verbatim told me it's okay to submit anyways, just so long as they'll receive your scores prior to their application closing. Regardless, I submitted like maybe a week before taking the exam? I won't have my scores for another week or two but they are non-rolling so it doesn't make much of a difference. They will be able to see that your results are pending because they can access something that tells them who is pending to take the exam, etc. If you're taking it July 29 I would just go ahead and submit (that's the same timeline I had) 🙂 Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, rachels91 said:

Hey!

So it doesn't matter---as long as U Tampa is selected to receive your scores when they become available, you can select "yes" where it asks if you've taken the exam (even if you haven't), and "I'm unsure" for the score. If not, like you mentioned, you aren't "eligible" to apply. They verbatim told me it's okay to submit anyways, just so long as they'll receive your scores prior to their application closing. Regardless, I submitted like maybe a week before taking the exam? I won't have my scores for another week or two but they are non-rolling so it doesn't make much of a difference. They will be able to see that your results are pending because they can access something that tells them who is pending to take the exam, etc. If you're taking it July 29 I would just go ahead and submit (that's the same timeline I had) 🙂 Hope this helps!

Thank you so much!! That was very helpful 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...

The average PCE of last years accepted class was 15k lol. When I Asked during an info session if thats due to a few higher students they said no. So my take is that they like older students or career changers and they like their PACAT to gauge if those students are ready for School. Just my thoughts.

9 hours ago, Nkpa20 said:

The average PCE of last years accepted class was 15k lol. When I Asked during an info session if thats due to a few higher students they said no. So my take is that they like older students or career changers and they like their PACAT to gauge if those students are ready for School. Just my thoughts.

Yeah the average age was 30 😞 

1 hour ago, prepakels said:

I saw in a Facebook page that University of Tampa sent out a survey and they recently decided to make the PA-CAT optional.... Did anyone else hear this? Is this just a rumor? 

Yup, I received an e-mail saying the same thing. They're making it optional this year but still prefer applicants to take it

4 hours ago, AllyyW said:

Anyone applying without taking the PA-CAT? I love this school but I originally took it off my list until I heard they made it optional. Applying makes me nervous as it is still recommended but I am running out of time to take it. 

I'm in the same boat here! So with this change now I'm debating if I should submit to UT. I applied to 10 schools already and really wanted to apply to UT prior to them requiring the PA-CAT! I was going to send an email to admissions asking how I'd go about answering the PA-CAT questions on CASPA to avoid my application getting automatically screened out. Has anyone done this yet?

3 hours ago, aspiringpa01 said:

I'm in the same boat here! So with this change now I'm debating if I should submit to UT. I applied to 10 schools already and really wanted to apply to UT prior to them requiring the PA-CAT! I was going to send an email to admissions asking how I'd go about answering the PA-CAT questions on CASPA to avoid my application getting automatically screened out. Has anyone done this yet?

I was wondering the same thing, thinking about emailing them if you haven't already!

I just submitted my app since hearing they make the PACAT optional. On CASPA they still had questions that said if you clicked “no” to taking it your app wouldn’t move on. I clicked it so i’m hoping i’m not thrown out but if anyone gets any emails back about their questions pls post it! I wanted to apply so bad but didn’t take the PACAT so this really opened the door for me!

On 8/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, Emilybotfa said:

I just submitted my app since hearing they make the PACAT optional. On CASPA they still had questions that said if you clicked “no” to taking it your app wouldn’t move on. I clicked it so i’m hoping i’m not thrown out but if anyone gets any emails back about their questions pls post it! I wanted to apply so bad but didn’t take the PACAT so this really opened the door for me!

That's exactly what I was going to do! It makes me nervous to do that though because I don't want may application to be thrown out...I emailed admissions about it on Thursday and still have yet to hear anything back.