Interviews for 2013 matriculation?

No way to know for sure but that was the 3rd group to interview so far. The 2nd group had 24 people in it and they told us that the odds were about 50/50 for the first few groups so I'd guess they have accepted around 36ish people out of 90 seats so far. Still a pretty decent chance for future interviewees and wait-listed people to get in I think. Good luck!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucky3 - From what I recall at the interview, they said they receive about 1600 applications and will end up interviewing about 250. Out of the 250, they will accept around 120 for the 90 spots (I suppose about 30 people will end up declining the offer). So if you receive an interview, you have about a 50% chance of getting accepted. They hold interviews about once or twice a month all the way up until March. You can probably call admissions to get a more specific number about how many they have accepted so far. Hope that helps and good luck!

@remiller congratulations!

@fdamico thank you!

i see that you both got accepted! any tips for the interview? i've been reading over replies in the forum but i was wondering if you have any other advice since you both have recent first-hand experience with the interview. thanks in advance!

hhn127,

I didnt LOVE the way my interview went and I was accepted this week, so don't worry if it's not perfect. I think its important to definitely know WHY you want to be a PA. Which seemed like an easy and obvious question before I was put on the spot, then I just felt like I was rambling! The interview itself is brief ( or seems like it at least ) , and wasn't very conversational. It was more like they ask and you answer then onto the next question. The interviewers were very nice and took notes while we spoke which was a little intimidating ( are they writing good things or bad notes?!) Think of the things that most make you stand out and really emphasize them so you can differentiate yourself from the rest. Hope this helps a bit! Goodluck!

bdb0051 - There have been several people on the forum who have received similar letters. I was wait listed for an interview last cycle (turned my application in with the first batch) and received an interview invite in February. I am not sure how many people they will end up pulling from the wait list or how often they pull from it, but it can and does happen. Good luck!

kopczh55 - This is my second time applying. I was accepted for 2012 matriculation but had to decline due to personal issues, so I am applying again this cycle (currently an alternate). I wasn't able to improve on my application much (due to those personal issues), so I don't think I can offer much advice on that one. I believe there are some people on this forum who were accepted the second time around and probably did improve on their applications. Maybe they can offer some insight. Sorry! Good luck to you!

kopczh55 - I was a reapplicant and was accepted into the 2013 class this year. So there is hope! :) I took some additional courses in a&p and micro, continued to volunteer, shadowed more PAs, completely re-wrote my personal statement and briefly addressed what I had done since applying last cycle. I also prepared for the interview in an entirely different way. My recommendation would just be to stay immersed in the profession as much as you can and if it is what you truly want to do try try again and you will get in when you are supposed to.

tas4 - I haven't heard about any alternates who have been picked yet. I know they review all the alternates when they review their latest batch of interviewees every month, so it is possible to get pulled off the list at those times. I would imagine there is a higher likelihood of getting picked in the spring though as it gets closer to matriculation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
To those on the "interview waitlist", my friend just got an interview invite for February after being on the waitlist since the beginning of the cycle, so keep the hope alive!

That's good to hear!! I am on that list as well. I got accepted to USC, thankfully, if MWU doesn't work out, but I am still really wanting an interview to Midwestern...

I emailed the program with my updated grades since I completed microbio and genetics during the 2012 fall semester and wanted the GPA boost to be reflected in my application. They requested that I send official transcripts as well and I'm not sure if that will really affect my position on the wait list but it's definitely worth trying!

Archived