2021-2022 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Prepasolo said:

Congrats! 😊 would you mind sharing your stats? 

Thank you!  And sure,

3.7 cGPA (3.6 sGPA) physio major 

PCE: 1200

HCE: 504 

180 shadowing hours (PA, MD, DO and PT) 

GRE: 308 

1020 volunteer hours 

740 leadership in college 

*second time applying to schools! I took a gap year! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 6:39 PM, sPArkles said:

Hello all! 

I got the call yesterday, after interviewing on 10/4. First acceptance ever!!! This was my second year applying to PA school 🙂 

There were several MMI's and then a 1-on-1 with an administrator. The MMI questions were unique. I think it was easy to be creative with my responses based on the open-ended questions. My advice to you all if you get an interview: SHOW your enthusiasm and be yourself! Good luck! 

Congrats, thats awesome! I have an interview on December 6th. I applied late but hoping I still have a chance. Regarding the MMI, would you mind sharing the topics of questions you got asked? How unique were they?

On 10/18/2021 at 1:34 PM, Carliendsley13 said:

Congrats, thats awesome! I have an interview on December 6th. I applied late but hoping I still have a chance. Regarding the MMI, would you mind sharing the topics of questions you got asked? How unique were they?

Thank you! Congrats to you, that's exciting!! I honestly don't think I am allowed to share the exact questions, but I can at least provide some advice to help you prepare. 

Practice questions online- realistic ones AND funky ones. Practice in front of a mirror or journal responses. You'll have some time to look at the question, think about your response and then you enter a room to discuss for a few minutes! At ATSU none of the questions were totally out of the ordinary (i.e. "if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" lol no). They asked questions that were easy to reflect back on and share healthcare experiences. 

Relate as much as you can BACK to becoming a PA/ working in healthcare. Obviously they want to see your personality shine through in your responses, but they also want to evaluate your passion for working in medicine! They did not ask about current events that no one is already aware of *wink wink.* 

If it helps to know...I decided to pursue a different school so I withdrew my seat in the class of 2024 at ATSU. That being said, there is another seat up for grabs! 

YOU GOT THIS! 

Edited by sPArkles

13 minutes ago, sPArkles said:

Thank you! Congrats to you, that's exciting!! I honestly don't think I am allowed to share the exact questions, but I can at least provide some advice to help you prepare. 

Practice questions online- realistic ones AND funky ones. Practice in front of a mirror or journal responses. You'll have some time to look at the question, think about your response and then you enter a room to discuss for a few minutes! At ATSU none of the questions were totally out of the ordinary (i.e. "if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" lol no). They asked questions that were easy to reflect back on and share healthcare experiences. 

Relate as much as you can BACK to becoming a PA/ working in healthcare. Obviously they want to see your personality shine through in your responses, but they also want to evaluate your passion for working in medicine! They did not ask about current events that no one is already aware of *wink wink.* 

If it helps to know...I decided to pursue a different school so I withdrew my seat in the class of 2024 at ATSU. That being said, there is another seat up for grabs! 

YOU GOT THIS! 

This was honestly so helpful! I will give it my best shot for sureeee. You're going to make a great PA 🙂 

On 10/23/2021 at 9:39 AM, TaylorRoberts1616 said:

Getting a little discouraged by not hearing anything back. Does anyone know when they stop interviewing? 

thanks!

They have interviews scheduled clear through December and will hold more after if they feel it’s necessary 

3 hours ago, Denise21 said:

I got an acceptance call yesterday! Interview 11/1. I didn’t apply to this school last year, but I am a second year applicant. So for anyone who didn’t make it this time, don’t worry! Your school is out there! There are people who want you to be part of their program, so don’t give up!!

What were your stats? If you don’t mind me asking 

20 hours ago, parodriguez said:

What were your stats? If you don’t mind me asking 

Of course!

Overall GPA: 3.73

Science GPA: 3.64

GRE: 309

PCE: ~2500 (CNA, surg tech)

Shadowing: ~25

Volunteer: ~115 (hospital, free health clinic, blood drives, etc)

On college team 4yrs(captain sr yr). College major club ~2yrs(social media chair yr1, president yr2). Very involved in other areas of college.

Advice for those to interview: Know yourself and your experiences. Know your values and why you want to go to this school! Good luck!

Edited by Denise21