2021-2022 Application Cycle

On 11/6/2021 at 7:58 AM, Denise21 said:

Of course!

Overall GPA: 3.73

Science GPA: 3.64

GRE: 309

PCE: ~2500 (CNA, surg tech)

Shadowing: ~25

Volunteer: ~115 (hospital, free health clinic, blood drives, etc)

On college team 4yrs(captain sr yr). College major club ~2yrs(social media chair yr1, president yr2). Very involved in other areas of college.

Advice for those to interview: Know yourself and your experiences. Know your values and why you want to go to this school! Good luck!

Thank you so much!! 🙏🏽
Did you interview in the Am or Pm? 

Hey guys,

I am from out of state and secured a virtual interview on 1/10/22. Would it leave a better impression if I were to go in person at an earlier date? Are my chances lower since my interview is so late? Sorry, I am just very nervous and would like to hear other people's experienes. TIA! 

On 11/16/2021 at 6:03 PM, PA1998 said:

Hey guys,

I am from out of state and secured a virtual interview on 1/10/22. Would it leave a better impression if I were to go in person at an earlier date? Are my chances lower since my interview is so late? Sorry, I am just very nervous and would like to hear other people's experienes. TIA! 

It's always best to interview in person when possible.  I wouldn't worry about the date your scheduled to interview.  Everyone that interviews gets an equal shot at acceptance.  Best advice that I've been given is be genuine and simply be yourself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/26/2021 at 9:46 PM, PAbee said:

Hi everyone! I know the nerves of interview season is a lot so if you have any questions please reach out! I am a current PA class of 2023 ambassador😁 just know you are all UNIQUE and special in different ways!❤️

Hello! I have my interview next week. Do you have any tips for the MMI portion? I have never done one before so I have no idea what to really expect. Anything helps, thank you!

On 11/30/2021 at 6:15 PM, Carliendsley13 said:

Hello! I have my interview next week. Do you have any tips for the MMI portion? I have never done one before so I have no idea what to really expect. Anything helps, thank you!

Hi there! With MMI I would recommend looking up common MMI questions to get familiar with those type of questions. I can't really give you the details of what questions are asked, but MMI is unique from other schools I interviewed at. I would not stress a ton about the preparation process for the MMI questions. In all honesty, just be yourself and know who you are as cheesy as that sounds. Originally I was freaking out about the process probably because ATSU was my first interview offer. A couple days before I decided to stop obsessing over the MMI and just focus on what I personally believe, and how it relates to my desire to be a PA. The interviewers are extremely personable and really are just looking to see how you fit in their program. Best of luck!

On 12/6/2021 at 3:36 PM, JeremyPrePA said:

Hi there! With MMI I would recommend looking up common MMI questions to get familiar with those type of questions. I can't really give you the details of what questions are asked, but MMI is unique from other schools I interviewed at. I would not stress a ton about the preparation process for the MMI questions. In all honesty, just be yourself and know who you are as cheesy as that sounds. Originally I was freaking out about the process probably because ATSU was my first interview offer. A couple days before I decided to stop obsessing over the MMI and just focus on what I personally believe, and how it relates to my desire to be a PA. The interviewers are extremely personable and really are just looking to see how you fit in their program. Best of luck!

Thanks for the response Jeremy, I appreciate it 🙂

On 11/16/2021 at 9:29 AM, User906 said:

My virtual interview isn’t until Dec 13th. Does anyone know how many seats are left? 

I interviewed on 12/6 and they said there's only one spot left

On 12/9/2021 at 9:17 PM, Mw0117 said:

Has anyone gotten a call from Interviewing on 12/06? I am anxiously waiting to hear!

I got my rejection email today

On 12/9/2021 at 9:17 PM, Mw0117 said:

Has anyone gotten a call from Interviewing on 12/06? I am anxiously waiting to hear!

I interviewed virtually on 12/13. On 12/2 via email, and again on the interview date of 12/13, we were told the class is currently full and acceptances are “pending open seat” only. They referred to this with the acronym APOS. They said there is an alternate list as well.

Did anyone recently receive this acceptance pending open seat outcome?

• 2 months later...

I am currently on the waitlist, and have been since October, but I am still really hoping to get accepted. With the new cycle opening soon, I will be starting my new round of applications. I’m really hoping I hear something before reapplying. Is anyone else in the same boat?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...