2021-2022 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, victorvictoriaATSU said:

Hey incoming applicants!! I am a current student at ATSU in the PA class of 2022.  Please let me know what questions you have - I am more than happy to shed some light on our program!! ❤️ 

I'd love to hear about life in Mesa! Did you move from out of state, or lived in AZ already? What's it like finding a place? What's your favorite part so far? What are your tips to surviving didactic year? Thanks for chatting with us!

Edited by MDalpias

On 5/6/2021 at 5:29 PM, MDalpias said:

I'd love to hear about life in Mesa! Did you move from out of state, or lived in AZ already? What's it like finding a place? What's your favorite part so far? What are your tips to surviving didactic year? Thanks for chatting with us!

Hey! So I am local and live in the Mesa/Tempe area.  Tons of our class came from out of state and if you need recommendations I would be more than happy to answer questions about that stuff as well.  We all would recommend getting here roughly 4 weeks prior to the start to get settled, but I think that would ring true for any program, not just ATSU.  

Surviving didactic year...... you'll get different answers depending on who you ask! I guess a big take away is trust the process (I know, seems hard to do) - they will give you all of the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.  Ask for help when you need it! Never be ashamed that you don't get something, chances are, several other students in class would appreciate the clarification! 

Favorite part so far: feeling those aha! moments where I feel like I finally know things and don't feel like an imposter- it happens I promise! . 

• Like 3

On 5/6/2021 at 2:45 PM, victorvictoriaATSU said:

Hey incoming applicants!! I am a current student at ATSU in the PA class of 2022.  Please let me know what questions you have - I am more than happy to shed some light on our program!! ❤️ 

Hi Victoria! I submitted my CASPA and secondary last week. I was wondering how long it took for you to receive an invitation to an interview, and if you have any tips for the interview process?

On 5/6/2021 at 3:45 PM, victorvictoriaATSU said:

Hi!! Are there strict requirements for the 3 letter of recommendations needed. I didn’t notice until after submitting I do not have a letter from a science faculty member :( 

2 hours ago, AllyLoo said:

Hi!! Are there strict requirements for the 3 letter of recommendations needed. I didn’t notice until after submitting I do not have a letter from a science faculty member 😞

I had the same realization when I just applied, and they emailed me specifically and said my application would not be complete until I had one from a science faculty member. I was able to get one to them, and they then verified that my application was complete and they would review it. So from my experience, seems like they are pretty strict. Especially cause I had 5 letters of Rec already, but they were telling me they needed that one specifically before my application could go anywhere. 

I also received an interview invite today! You get to choose virtual or in person but they said that they prefer Arizona residents to do in person. Mine is scheduled for the in person morning session on September 13:) Anyone else signed up for that day/time?

Edited by AbbyL
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, AbbyL said:

I also received an interview invite today! You get to choose virtual or in person but they said that they prefer Arizona residents to do in person. Mine is scheduled for the in person morning session on September 13:) Anyone else signed up for that day/time?

I signed up for 9/13 in person as well!!