2021-2022 Application Cycle

21 hours ago, EmWin1218 said:

Hello everyone! I just wanted to share that I was just offered an interview on November 8th! Any tips on how to best prepare?

Congrats, that is so awesome! I interviewed with them 2 years ago and they did MMI format. So multiple mini interviews that are timed, I don't remember if it was 3 or 5 minutes you get. There were situational type interview questions as well as controversial questions. So I do recommend reviewing highly controversial topics so you are not alarmed when they are presented in front of you and you will know how to respond. Also review how you will answer the simple questions about yourself, greatest weakness, greatest strength, etc. Also connecting stories to what you respond with in the interview adds an extra level of connection and the potential for the proctor to remember you. Best of luck to you on your interview!

• Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 5:13 PM, Imerose said:

Congratulations!  Do you mind sharing your stats?

•  
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Sure my stats are 

CGPA: 3.45

SGPA:3.3

DPC: 3,000hr working as a CNA 

LOR: 1 PA, 2 Nurses, 1 advisor

Shadowing: 70hrs shadowing, Shadowed 1 pa for 60hrs and another for 10 hrs 

Volunteering: 300hrs 

I'm currently a Senior in my undergrad year, I wish everyone best of luck as you can see my gpa isnt the highest so getting an interview is surreal right now. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 2:15 PM, Nlimo said:

I'm a little confused because I have three letters of rec: two from MDs and one from a PA. They haven't said anything to me about a science faculty member. I got the email today about making my profile with them and paying the secondary application fee. It is possible that they counted the MDs ad science faculty members because they are professors at a med school? 

Were you able to find out? Im thinking of applying but I have no letters from a professor/faculty member

On 8/7/2021 at 7:47 PM, Spoiler24k said:

Submitted secondary May 31st, still haven't heard back from them 😞

Have you reached out to the admissions team for an update on your application? They got back to me immediately when I asked and they just told me it is still under review. 

On 8/12/2021 at 7:24 PM, HuskyMedLyfe said:

Hi guys!

Current student here. Congrats on all those getting interviews! If you have any questions (that aren’t about timelines since they vary) I’m more than happy to help 😊

How was the interview process? Is it just MMI? Is there an essay portion? Thank you! 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jetrodri
On 9/6/2021 at 1:55 PM, khushalipa said:

Has anyone heard anything recently about interviews/rejections? 

I have an interview tomorrow 9/13/21. I believe this is the first set of interviews. 

10 hours ago, Abode said:

That's awesome to hear, any recommendation of how to prepare for the interview? and Good luck best wishes for you. 

Honestly you can't really prepare for MMI which I know isn't very reassuring. Just be yourself, be confident, and make sure you have know what you want the interviewers to know about you before you leave so you can tie your answers back to those key points.

7 hours ago, AbbyL said:

Honestly you can't really prepare for MMI which I know isn't very reassuring. Just be yourself, be confident, and make sure you have know what you want the interviewers to know about you before you leave so you can tie your answers back to those key points.

I agree, 

Thank you though for your answer. I appreciate it 🙏🏻