2021-2022 Application Cycle

On 9/17/2021 at 5:00 AM, Matilda said:

Congrats! How was the interview?

Thank you!! It was actually really good! The staff is so nice and welcoming. The actual MMI questions weren't too bad I felt like they gave me the opportunity to show them who I am and my qualities that would make me an asset to their program.

@Dre23 Thank you!! I interviewed this past Monday the 13th which was the first set of interviews.

Edited by Jack3

2 hours ago, kzwija2 said:

Hi, my application was processed June 15th and I still have not heard anything from them. I emailed a few days ago and they said I am still under review 😮 should I lose hope at this point since I am seeing most people that applied around there were already offered interviews?

Hi! I interviewed on the 13th and one of the faculty members said that they continue to interview well into December and sometimes even into February of the following year so don’t lose hope! No answer is better than a rejection! 

On 9/18/2021 at 8:36 AM, JuliaC said:

Hey guys!

I am interviewing with this program on 9/27.  Any insights on the interview day will be most appreciated!  Congratulations to those already accepted!!

Julia

I only interviewed virtually so if you're doing in-person I don't know what might be different. It was a good experience, the format is exactly as they explain it in the email and on their website. The staff and faculty are very kind, the students that were there were also great! It will definitely be stressful since its an interview but I did enjoy it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, csala013 said:

Hi, for anyone who interviewed on 9/13 or 9/20, did you ask around when the decisions would be released after the interview? Also good luck to anyone waiting for an interview or waiting for acceptance!

I interviewed on 9/13 and just received an email that I have been placed on the alternate list.

• Upvote 2

Guest jetrodri
2 hours ago, AbbyL said:

I interviewed on 9/13 and just received an email that I have been placed on the alternate list.

Same here. I got accepted somewhere else but this was my top choice even though the other school is ranked 15th in the USA. 

5 hours ago, GDecPrePA said:

Nothing on my end. I guess it will be next week

Yup, on the website they said they give it 2-3 weeks for interview decisions. I don't know if they would send out more decisions on Monday since the 9/27 interviews would be going on so probably mid-next week at the earliest if you haven't received a response yet!

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 2:32 PM, wolfasd said:
  •  
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Sure my stats are 

CGPA: 3.45

SGPA:3.3

DPC: 3,000hr working as a CNA 

LOR: 1 PA, 2 Nurses, 1 advisor

Shadowing: 70hrs shadowing, Shadowed 1 pa for 60hrs and another for 10 hrs 

Volunteering: 300hrs 

I'm currently a Senior in my undergrad year, I wish everyone best of luck as you can see my gpa isnt the highest so getting an interview is surreal right now. 

Impressive stats! 

Hello all! 

I got the call yesterday, after interviewing on 10/4. First acceptance ever!!! This was my second year applying to PA school 🙂 

There were several MMI's and then a 1-on-1 with an administrator. The MMI questions were unique. I think it was easy to be creative with my responses based on the open-ended questions. My advice to you all if you get an interview: SHOW your enthusiasm and be yourself! Good luck! 

12 hours ago, HopefulPA0909 said:

Was it strange talking your answer with no response then leaving the "room" immediately after talking with no feed back?

It was actually a lot better than I expected. My interviewers definitely made conversation. I’d rather have a normal convo anyway in a somewhat stressful environment! Don’t worry, they aren’t robots! They’re PEOPLE who empathize with your stories & will tell you if something you say is inspiring or encouraging! 

Edited by sPArkles

On 10/8/2021 at 6:39 PM, sPArkles said:

Hello all! 

I got the call yesterday, after interviewing on 10/4. First acceptance ever!!! This was my second year applying to PA school 🙂 

There were several MMI's and then a 1-on-1 with an administrator. The MMI questions were unique. I think it was easy to be creative with my responses based on the open-ended questions. My advice to you all if you get an interview: SHOW your enthusiasm and be yourself! Good luck! 

Congrats! 😊 would you mind sharing your stats?