2021-2022 Application Cycle

On 6/8/2021 at 6:52 PM, buttercakes said:

I had the same realization when I just applied, and they emailed me specifically and said my application would not be complete until I had one from a science faculty member. I was able to get one to them, and they then verified that my application was complete and they would review it. So from my experience, seems like they are pretty strict. Especially cause I had 5 letters of Rec already, but they were telling me they needed that one specifically before my application could go anywhere. 

I'm a little confused because I have three letters of rec: two from MDs and one from a PA. They haven't said anything to me about a science faculty member. I got the email today about making my profile with them and paying the secondary application fee. It is possible that they counted the MDs ad science faculty members because they are professors at a med school? 

I received an interview invite yesterday! This is my second time applying and I received an interview last cycle, but did not get in!! I am scheduled for September 27th in morning in person - I live in Glendale!! (Originally from Texas, just moved here last year for my masters!)

My stats:
Overall GPA: 3.14 (3.83 masters degree and 3.0 undergraduate)
sGPA: 3.22
PCE: ~3,000 hrs

Edited by SG027
Added information
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MaddieQ said:

Can other interviewees share their stats if comfortable?

Thank you in advance! 

Hi, yes! This is my second time applying, I was rejected last cycle. 

GPA: 3.8

science GPA: 3.63 

PCE: 1500 and counting 

~ 800 hours of shadowing doctors and PAs 

~ 2000 of volunteer/ community service 

312 GRE 

and I also had a retail job, tutoring job,  and ran/currently run my own small business! 

7 hours ago, gudetamagirl said:

Hi everyone! Did you all also fill out the additional personal statement? Currently struggling on what to add.

I got a C in ochem and micro previously and I retook those classes to receive better grades, so I explained the whole process and how that made me become a better student/more focused. If you didn’t have a similar experience or you don’t have anything else to explain, maybe you can expand on your PCE and any significant moments you had that helped you solidify your choice in the profession?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gudetamagirl said:

Hi everyone! Did you all also fill out the additional personal statement? Currently struggling on what to add.

I discussed my experience in Arizona, and more so what had influenced me in the past year prior to applying, I included more info about my grades as well. I could send it to you if youd like to read it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, abbyr24 said:

Hi everyone, 

Is there a secondary application with essay questions for this program or is it just a secondary "fee"? I cannot find a clear answer on the website. Thanks in advance!

Yes, there are two additional essay questions (500 word limit) and you also have to respond to a few yes or no questions about your background

Guest aslksf09834
44 minutes ago, rnel97 said:

Has anyone gotten any updates recently? I saw on facebook today that someone received a rejection.. I still haven't heard anything either way

I also have not heard anything yet.

For those receiving interview invites, are you also getting a confirmation email beforehand? Or straight to the interview invite? Seems like they’re getting back pretty fast in some cases!

Also, where is the additional personal statement some of you are talking about? Thank you!

Edited by Paigen1234

On 7/11/2021 at 1:05 AM, Paigen1234 said:

For those receiving interview invites, are you also getting a confirmation email beforehand? Or straight to the interview invite? Seems like they’re getting back pretty fast in some cases!

Also, where is the additional personal statement some of you are talking about? Thank you!

No confirmation e-mail that they received my secondary! Just an interview invite.