2021-2022 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, Booboobusdriver said:

Rejected today. Out of state applicant.

CGPA: 3.26

SGPA: 3.2

PCE: 4.5k as an EMT in a 911 service

Shadowing: 50 or so hours with mostly an MD and some PA

LOR: The doctor I shadowed the most, an old prof from undergrad, and my paramedic coworker who I used to work with.

Volunteering: 40 Hours

Sorry to hear that. Do you mind sharing when you applied?

I didn't realize Arcadia wasn't conducting interviews this year. I bet they didn't advertise that because they knew they'd receive a tremendous amount of applications.

I applied 6/23, was verified 6/25, and received Arcadia's verification email on 6/28. It's been radio silence so far, so I'm a little worried.

Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone toured the Glenside campus? I was accepted there but I am not sure if it is worth the $500 just to tour there myself. Its hard to feel welcomed to Arcadia if I was never interviewed, yet they are asking for deposits already. I have other acceptances but I want to see how other's view this program's facilities.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 1:06 PM, Pstwzrd said:

Has anyone toured the Glenside campus? I was accepted there but I am not sure if it is worth the $500 just to tour there myself. Its hard to feel welcomed to Arcadia if I was never interviewed, yet they are asking for deposits already. I have other acceptances but I want to see how other's view this program's facilities.

I got accepted to the Delaware campus and I toured there in July! It’s definitely a small campus but it’s really nice and the faculty were so nice and made me feel so welcome. I thought their facilities were nice and I really enjoyed the Anatophage tables. We also toured the cadaver lab which I think is an awesome feature but the cadavers are all prosected so that’s something to consider.

It’s a suburban town so there isn’t a *ton* to do but it’s a pretty short car ride to Philly. I also talked to some of the current students who made a good point that it was kind of nice that it’s a quiet town because you don’t get distracted or have FOMO like you might if you were in the city lol.

On 8/1/2021 at 1:06 PM, Pstwzrd said:

I toured the Glenside campus I mean even though I was accepted to the Delaware campus. I did go to view the Delaware campus the same day though.

Hey everyone! I’m a current student finishing my first semester of didactic. I just wanted to say that I submitted my application the week of Arcadia’s deadline and managed to get in. Heck, they were still accepting students a month before school started for my cohort. Don’t sweat it if you’re not ready to submit or if you haven’t submitted yet. Just focus on making your application as strong as it can be with whatever experiences you have. You can shoot me a few DMs if you have questions and I’ll do my best to answer them haha. Take a deep breath. You can do this! Good luck to you all!

Edited by inocencion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From the program's website:

1. Students must have completed the following prerequisites:
    • Biological Sciences—five courses to include Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology. Biochemistry is recommended.
    • Chemistry—three courses to include at least one semester of Organic Chemistry.
    • Psychology—one course.
    • Statistics—one course.
    • NOTE: Prerequisites courses must be completed with a grade of C or better. The program does not allow students to waive courses, nor does it accept students with advanced standing.

I'm sorry to say it but you may get screened out 😞

**EDIT** If you're currently taking ochem and listed it as an in-progress course on CASPA you should be fine. Just don't forget to send updates!

Edited by inocencion
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Danirenee95 said:

Would someone be willing to share their stats with me? I just got rejected today and applied around the end of June. Thanks!

I’m sorry about the rejection and hope you’re accepted to a school that’s an even better fit for you.

Here are my stats at time of application:

cGPA: 3.95

sGPA: 4.0

GRE: 314, 158V, 156Q, 4.0W

PCE: 3,600+

HCE: 3,200+

Shadowing: 24 in-person hours with a generalsurgery PA, 17 virtual hours with various specialties

Volunteering: 1,500+

Leadership: 1,300+

LoRs: 1 academic, 1 supervisor, 1 coach

I just got accepted today!!