2021-2022 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, TinaH said:

I’m sorry about the rejection and hope you’re accepted to a school that’s an even better fit for you.

Here are my stats at time of application:

cGPA: 3.95

sGPA: 4.0

GRE: 314, 158V, 156Q, 4.0W

PCE: 3,600+

HCE: 3,200+

Shadowing: 24 in-person hours with a generalsurgery PA, 17 virtual hours with various specialties

Volunteering: 1,500+

Leadership: 1,300+

LoRs: 1 academic, 1 supervisor, 1 coach

I just got accepted today!!

Those are really great, well-rounded stats! When did you apply? And congratulations on the acceptance 👏🏾

• Like 1

Hi. Just got an acceptance email today! Applied 07/16, Received confirmation email 07/19. Good luck to everyone else. If it isn't a rejection, there's still hope. 

Also does anyone have a group chat or something for accepted students? Do y'all mind adding me to it? Thanks. Looking forward to getting to know all of you 🙂 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 8:00 PM, Pipster9 said:

I toured the Glenside campus I mean even though I was accepted to the Delaware campus. I did go to view the Delaware campus the same day though.

Do you mind describing the Delaware campus? I just got accepted but its hard to know much about it considering the website doesn't have a whole lot of information regarding this campus specifically. Thanks!

@ngab234I toured the Glenside campus and stopped by the outside of the Delaware campus. The Delaware campus is inside of an office building near UD. They told us the facilities are virtually the identical between the campuses with the motto “two campuses, one program”. The faculty will usually alternate visiting each of campuses for lectures and the other campus will livestream the lecture remotely. The only thing about the Delaware campus is that you will need to commute to Glenside to do the cadaver dissection labs.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 3:38 PM, rickforma said:

@ngab234I toured the Glenside campus and stopped by the outside of the Delaware campus. The Delaware campus is inside of an office building near UD. They told us the facilities are virtually the identical between the campuses with the motto “two campuses, one program”. The faculty will usually alternate visiting each of campuses for lectures and the other campus will livestream the lecture remotely. The only thing about the Delaware campus is that you will need to commute to Glenside to do the cadaver dissection labs.

gotcha, I appreciate the info 

On 8/13/2021 at 2:41 PM, ngab234 said:

Do you mind describing the Delaware campus? I just got accepted but its hard to know much about it considering the website doesn't have a whole lot of information regarding this campus specifically. Thanks!

Hey! Sorry I don’t actually look at the forums very much, but I agree that there is not much info online about the Delaware campus. I was initially very wary because an office building sounds much less thrilling than a campus. However, the space is indeed pretty identical to the Glenside campus facilities (however the break room is wayyy nicer at Delaware in my opinion) and the staff working there genuinely made me feel so so welcome. Like they genuinely were so happy to give me a tour and get to know me. I think the surrounding area is great too with plenty of shops and restaurants. I’ve heard from the professors that the Delaware students are typically more close knit too which I love. 

On 8/20/2021 at 12:12 AM, prephyassociate57 said:

Applied in June, recently updated the program (new PCE, finished summer course etc), neither rejected or accepted so still holding out for an acceptance!

Good luck! I also applied in June and am still waiting for a decision! Did you email the program about your updated PCE or did you only update CASPA?

On 8/28/2021 at 6:49 PM, Pipster9 said:

Hey! Sorry I don’t actually look at the forums very much, but I agree that there is not much info online about the Delaware campus. I was initially very wary because an office building sounds much less thrilling than a campus. However, the space is indeed pretty identical to the Glenside campus facilities (however the break room is wayyy nicer at Delaware in my opinion) and the staff working there genuinely made me feel so so welcome. Like they genuinely were so happy to give me a tour and get to know me. I think the surrounding area is great too with plenty of shops and restaurants. I’ve heard from the professors that the Delaware students are typically more close knit too which I love. 

that is so helpful and makes me feel a lot better! thank you. I just turned in my second deposit 🙂 

• Like 1