. I'm fuming about 10 year panre/pance changes, aren't you!?

Please join me in signing a petition to change the new 10 year PANRE timeline. Why are we, working PAs who are taking our 2nd, 3rd, or 4th PANRE before 2014 being penalized and having to partake in two PANRE 6 yr cycles and only then begin the new and extended 10 yr recertification program. It is preposterous and we should be enjoying those benefits immediately, like those PAs - who have never had to sit through a board exam - who will be graduating in 2014. I'm not a lazy slacker who just doesn't want to take the test every six years. I simply believe that we current PA-Cs should be entitled to every benefit NOW that PAs graduating after 2014 will be enjoying.

Thanks, Eric W

go to ://www.ipetitions.com and type in : 10 year PANRE timeline

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hubbardtim48

Do you always have a bad attitude et negative outlook on everything Con? You need to build trust with some humans so you will have more beliefs in the human race. Be happy et nice, the grass is greener on the other side...go check it out. :)

Please join me in signing a petition to change the new 10 year PANRE timeline. Why are we, working PAs who are taking our 2nd, 3rd, or 4th PANRE before 2014 being penalized and having to partake in two PANRE 6 yr cycles and only then begin the new and extended 10 yr recertification program. It is preposterous and we should be enjoying those benefits immediately, like those PAs - who have never had to sit through a board exam - who will be graduating in 2014. I'm not a lazy slacker who just doesn't want to take the test every six years. I simply believe that we current PA-Cs should be entitled to every benefit NOW that PAs graduating after 2014 will be enjoying.

Thanks, Eric W

go to ://www.ipetitions.com and type in : 10 year PANRE timeline

I'm not sure why this upsets you. The 2014 requirements start in 2014. If you test before then, you are subject to the prior fees, prior exam and prior qualifications. They (the NCCPA) has to pick an arbitrary date to start, and until everyone tests, they have to uphold all of the prior standards. Personally, I would be angry if after 5 years in the current cycle, they would decide that I needed to meet new requirements before I could test. So, unfortunately, that means I have to sit for the PANRE within the next year, and yes, I will have to sit again in 6 years, but then I will be able to start the 10 year cycle. There is no way to make all PAs happy, some things we just, for lack of a better way to say it, suck it up and deal...

Guest hubbardtim48

It does or does not agree with one another? =/= is confusing et has no meaning to me, please explain. I don't agree if you are trying to relate one another, but that is your beliefs et not mine. I am the one not to judge people, GOD is, so by my statement I meant give it a break Con et live life. Enjoy your time on this awesome Earth et quit being so negative. I see intergrity in everyone et if someone or something is messing up then try your hardest to help him/her out et quit fighting over it because nothing will ever get resolved. Please put your time et energy in making YOUR beliefs heard by DOING something about it. Arguing about it or putting others down will never fix the problem, if you hate the NCCPA or AAPA CON, then go do something about it! Go put your time, energy, money, etc. into helping them out which will help ALL PAs out.

Guest hubbardtim48

et is latin for and. I have done this for years et just got use to it. Communicating yes, putting people down by rude comments et/or being negative about everything (saying NCCPA, AAPA does not care about PAs) is not helping the situtation.

To the OP.....yes, we're going to have to jump through every hope that they put in front of us and even when they add even more....the game is changing while we're still playing....but it comes down to the fact, if we want to keep our "C", we will do it, get used to it, and then complain when they add even more...more and more PAs will opt for states that don't require a "C" and live a very happy PA life....

et=idiocy...

Since this person is suppose to be "communicating" in english on a forum written in english and not "latin." He thinks he is being clever and cool when to the rest of us... it looks like he has a broken keyboard. Its pretentious buffonary.

Its always funny when the FNGs come and pontificate on how folks are suppose to interact who have been here for a decade.

Its comical really.

As for the 10 yr testing cycle...

They DO NOT care what we think.

Just as they really didn't care when we were screaming for them to re-examine their test scoring and security when there was a in-ordinate number of fully competent folks failing the PANRE between Jun-Aug last yr.

They DO NOT care... cause as some others on here will tell you, Their job is NOT to listen to and represent US PA-Cs out here practicing medicine... it is to PROTECT THE PUBLIC FROM US PA-Cs out here practicing medicine.

Guest hubbardtim48

I was more concentrated on your negative behavior et not on my et or and use. I usually do type "and" because it is confusing to people, but sometimes I do not think of it et just type what I am typing. Communicating is not just a term for "talking/speaking" for English speaking people, it is done by everyone in the world...Don't get your point, but I am way over speaking with you ever again. FNGs has nothing to do with it...I can't have an opinion on a being civil/respectful because I am a FNG? Hmmm...if your argument was based on HCE then I would still have you beat because I have many years of HCE in a different profession. BTW a PA discussion board is no different than any other discussion board. Just because your join date is 2001 doesn't mean that anyone after you can't use a discussion board as well as you do. Refresh my memory, but isn't most of the medical terminology originated from Latin? So, is it wrong to type PRN on an English speaking forum.....?

Guest hubbardtim48

Glad to bring a memory back for you! :) I did think to my self after I typed it that I did that and thought that I never used that on here before, but I was mad at the way Con treats peeps on here and was tired of it. So, I will try my hardest not to use it anymore! :)

Guest hubbardtim48

So, why are there PA-Cs if the NCCPA/AAPA are trying to protect the public? What are they protecting? Never heard of such a thing...Are you one of those 2012 (end of the world) type of people? Your always against EVERYONE/EVERYTHING...Just be happy and believe in human nature.There are good people out there, I promise! :) God Bless

So, why are there PA-Cs if the NCCPA/AAPA are trying to protect the public? What are they protecting? Never heard of such a thing...Are you one of those 2012 (end of the world) type of people? Your always against EVERYONE/EVERYTHING...Just be happy and believe in human nature.There are good people out there, I promise! :) God Bless
Sigh...

Scroll up.. and click on Physasst profile.

Then click on the link to view his previous posts.

Then read his DETAILED explainations about the formation and purposes of the organizations we ASSume were formed for OUR benefit and therefore erroniously think they are making their decisions with OUR best interest in mind and based upon what we want.

(Hint: Start in the thread about the testing fiasco. There is a detailed explaination as to why the NCCPA OFFICIALLY isn't a PA representation organization. That thread also examines why if the AAPA is FOR PA-Cs, why they didn't step up and call foul on the testing issues.)

The fact that YOU are a FNG informs itself as to your naivety about the profession you will be joining.

There are THOUSANDs of posts here that you need to read and threads/conversations you would need to follow to understand where a lot of these notions YOU find negative comes from.

Basically... YOU have arrived at the late middle to the end of a 5-6-10 yr discussion and now... think you know the validity of what is being talked about. In reality, you have NO context and/or experience wit the matter being commented on and therefore know Jack about what is being said.

Perfer...

Guest hubbardtim48

That's why I was asking because I have read tons about the AAPA/NCCPA and never heard that the public is being protected....I do not see Physasst profile nor do I know who "he" is and his previous post.

... [brevity edit]... BTW a PA discussion board is no different than any other discussion board. Just because your join date is 2001 doesn't mean that anyone after you can't use a discussion board as well as you do.

^^^The fact that you can't figure out how to find the threads and posts means that this notion above is shot to schitt... ^^^

Maybe you should "pray on it"...

OR:

Use the search function since it 'doesn't mean that anyone after me can't use a discussion board as well as I do.'

:heheh:

Childs play...!!!

Guest hubbardtim48

Where does this "Physasst profile" exist on this forum.... I see the profile tab, but do not see the Physasst profile. I know where the articles are ET have read them, but your wording is way to vague so I can't understand what you are meaning, kind of like everything else you say on this forum. You are very bellicose ET manipulative in everything you do. You do need to pray ET not be hateful against everyone ET everything. Just because your sentence structure did not make sense nor could I find Physasst profile doesn't mean I haven't read the articles/discussions. Please get over your ego ET stop being so rude. I will be praying for you ET please let me know if you need any words of encouragement. God be with you.

... [brevity edit]... your wording is way to vague so I can't understand what you are meaning, kind of like everything else you say on this forum... [brevity edit]...

Really... so where did this come from:

Your always against EVERYONE/EVERYTHING...

you always have a bad attitude et negative outlook on everything Con?

Cause if you 'can't understand what I am meaning, kind of like everything else I say on this forum'... how do you know I'm 'always against everyone and everything'...???

Its a Contradiction...

Again... childs play

gotta agree with the dominant opinion here about the nccpa.

they asked pa's what they thought of the 10 yr requirements and even those pa's in the test group doing the trial project said it was too much work and wouldn't be feasible.50 of 150 dropped out(and these were folks who volunteered for this trial). they changed the plan anyway. nccpa= a big $$$ making machine.

^^ Yep ^^

They (the NCCPA) ARE NOT beholden to PA-Cs in any way.

Their job is to "ensure the competency" of PA-Cs out in the public practicing medicine.

Their job is to set a minimum testable standard that graduates of PA programs must perform to to enter practice.

They are the sole.... defacto... "gate-keepers" to practice as a PA in the USA.

They hold the keys to practice and have a "captive audience" since EVERY state board of medicine relies on their initial "entry to practice" test (PANCE) for initial licensure.

They have no competition so they are NOT/barely responsive to the concerns of working PAs.

Most folks that work there aren't even PAs.

They ARE NOT a PA association, academy, trade organization.

Their job is to certify to the state medical boards that the PA program graduate meets the minumum standards that are acceptable to those boards.

Sooo... the State medical boards are the NCCPA's clients... NOT PA-Cs.

As an aside... years ago, when the ARNPs faced this same reality (bueracratic, and nonresponsive, self centered and protected certification board), they did what it took to form separate and competing certification boards. Now today, there are (?3?) different boards that a new graduate NP can sit for... and all the states accept certification from any one of them for licensure. It was funny because when they did this... the original board woke up and suddenly started listing to their reason for existence (the nurses that took the tests)

Think about that for a little while before you respond with some neophyte nonsense.

Thanks

Contrarian

Sigh...

Scroll up.. and click on Physasst profile.

Then click on the link to view his previous posts.

Then read his DETAILED explainations about the formation and purposes of the organizations we ASSume were formed for OUR benefit and therefore erroniously think they are making their decisions with OUR best interest in mind and based upon what we want.

(Hint: Start in the thread about the testing fiasco. There is a detailed explaination as to why the NCCPA OFFICIALLY isn't a PA representation organization. That thread also examines why if the AAPA is FOR PA-Cs, why they didn't step up and call foul on the testing issues.)

The fact that YOU are a FNG informs itself as to your naivety about the profession you will be joining.

There are THOUSANDs of posts here that you need to read and threads/conversations you would need to follow to understand where a lot of these notions YOU find negative comes from.

Basically... YOU have arrived at the late middle to the end of a 5-6-10 yr discussion and now... think you know the validity of what is being talked about. In reality, you have NO context and/or experience wit the matter being commented on and therefore know Jack about what is being said.

Perfer...

But he has thousand of hours of HCE is that is WAY better than all our HCE! I'm sure he's mentioned HCE at least once in all the posts I'm missing. Please correct me if I'm wrong as all I can see is the quotes. He ran ventilators for anesthesia when things got tough! The people who do ventilators ALL damn day could not manage without his RT experience! Not to mention the the asthma education. He is the man and you should respect that.

I had to put him on my ignore list because it was like listening to the voice of God. My pathetic ears and brain could not handle it.

^^ Yep ^^

They ARE NOT beholden to PA-Cs in any way.

Their job is to "ensure the competency" of PA-Cs out in the public practicing medicine.

Their job is to set a minimum testable standard that graduates of PA programs must perform to to enter practice.

They are the sole.... defacto... "gate-keepers" to practice as a PA in the USA.

They hold the keys to practice and have a "captive audience" since EVERY state board of medicine relies on their initial "entry to practice" test (PANCE) for initial licensure.

They have no competition so they are NOT/barely responsive to the concerns of working PAs.

Most folks that work there aren't even PAs.

They ARE NOT a PA association, academy, trade organization.

Their job is to certify to the state medical boards that the PA program graduate meets the minumum standards that are acceptable to those boards.

Sooo... the State medical boards are the NCCPA's clients... NOT PA-Cs.

As an aside... years ago, when the ARNPs faced this same reality (bueracratic, and nonresponsive, self centered and protected certification board), they did what it took to form separate and competing certification boards. Now today, there are (?3?) different boards that a new graduate NP can sit for... and all the states accept certification from any one of them for licensure. It was funny because when they did this... the original board woke up and suddenly started listing to their reason for existence (the nurses that took the tests)

Think about that for a little while before you respond with some neophyte nonsense.

Thanks

Contrarian

There are only two boards NPs can sit for that I'm aware of: the AANP and ANCC.

The NBCRNA for nurse anesthesia will go to a 8 year recert with QI projects. People are pretty pissed over there as well, though I haven't heard much lately. They may have finally accepted their fate or are more worried about the number of schools opening up, which has led some threatening to "fire" the COA. Seems like no one is happy with any of the higher ups these days.

Archived