Boston University 2020-2021 Application Cycle

51 minutes ago, perkprepa123 said:

I looked at your profile and saw you're a reapplicant from last cycle. Did you already get the supplemental from this cycle? I wanted to see if any applicants have heard anything besides initial verification after caspa was submitted.

Hey! Yes I got it for this cycle. I did not apply to BU last cycle! I was CASPA verified on 5/8. Received the supplemental on 5/20.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I had a quick question about BU's GRE requirement. My quant section on the GRE isnt the best and my score doesnt fall within the 50th percentile. Does anyone know if this is a make or break requirement for BU? I meet all other requirements except for that one and I was curious if anyone knows if it'll automatically rule my application out. Really hoping to apply to this program--if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!! 

Good luck to everyone applying 🙂 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TeddyRucpin said:

Any word from BU? 

Hi Teddy,

In the email BU sent me verifying my supplemental application, they said we will not hear anything from them until mid October because they are not rolling admissions. The timeline is as follows:

June-Oct: review application files

Mid-October: send out interview invites

Early-Mid November: Interviews

December: all admissions decisions will be sent to applicants

On 7/7/2020 at 11:41 AM, hopefulcaliPA24 said:

How long are everyone's supplemental essays? I know they give a  3000 character limit but I was wondering if most people are using the entire character count or being more concise?

So I actually forgot to submit my supplemental for the longest time and I was like oh my goodness thinking I had already done it. I used 2997 on the second question, almost all for the first, and not very many for the last question. I am not sure if they are looking for us to use all the characters or just want to make sure we have enough to get our point across.

• 1 month later...