2020-2021 Application Cycle

Guest Paapp20202021
14 hours ago, morgandwood said:

Just received my confirmation email for my application ! I hope something good comes from this program 🙂

I applied in early May Just contacted them about status update. Hopefully they answer back🙏🏻 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Meliperez said:

Has anybody gotten any updates?😬

I interviewed and accepted a spot in September and just got an email a couple of days ago from Elise that started “Hello, class of 2023!” and asked for my address for a “gift”, so I have an inkling they may have finalized the class /: That email was the first thing I have heard since being officially accepted a few months ago, which is what’s making me think they are probably done or close. I could be wrong though! Good luck, I was a second time applicant so I know where you’re at /:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ahibbs said:

I interviewed and accepted a spot in September and just got an email a couple of days ago from Elise that started “Hello, class of 2023!” and asked for my address for a “gift”, so I have an inkling they may have finalized the class /: That email was the first thing I have heard since being officially accepted a few months ago, which is what’s making me think they are probably done or close. I could be wrong though! Good luck, I was a second time applicant so I know where you’re at /:

They had offered me an interview in January but then moved me up to an interview date a few weeks ago. So they may still be doing interviews, I wouldn’t count that out! 

• Thanks 2

On 9/15/2020 at 11:41 PM, hawaiianrolls said:

Congraaaaaats you guysssss! 🥳 I was at the Webex "pizza party" with you guys on Sunday. Its a great program. Dont be shy to reach out with questions. 

Congratulations to everyone who has been excepted! I was just accepted in November and I was wondering if you have any information on apartments in the area where most students live? I know we find this out once the class is finalized but I am out of state and hoping to move ASAP to get residency. Thanks in advance!! 

On 12/3/2020 at 11:03 AM, Sloffee said:

They had offered me an interview in January but then moved me up to an interview date a few weeks ago. So they may still be doing interviews, I wouldn’t count that out! 

Update: the class is not yet finalized! They sent out an email recently that mentioned that so I thought I would update anyone still waiting!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, hippogriff97 said:

I just received an interview invite today!! For those of you who have already been interviewed, what was the setting like when it was your group's turn to participate in the PBL section? Just curious if I need to brush up on my a&p beforehand 🙂 

I was in the first interview session so I’m not sure if anything has changed, but we just observed a normal PBL session that they were covering that day. I think we just briefly introduced ourselves and were told to mute our mics for it. So it’s no pressure! Just observe and make sure it’s something that you could see being beneficial to your learning 🙂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hippogriff97 said:

I just received an interview invite today!! For those of you who have already been interviewed, what was the setting like when it was your group's turn to participate in the PBL section? Just curious if I need to brush up on my a&p beforehand 🙂 

I interviewed and was accepted in September. Don’t worry about brushing up! They don’t expect you to know anything. Just be yourself and participate as best you can. Also really use the time to evaluate if PBL is right for you. That is why they have you participate. They want to make sure that SIU is the right fit for you, as well as if you are the right fit for the program. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nullem said:

I interviewed and was accepted in September. Don’t worry about brushing up! They don’t expect you to know anything. Just be yourself and participate as best you can. Also really use the time to evaluate if PBL is right for you. That is why they have you participate. They want to make sure that SIU is the right fit for you, as well as if you are the right fit for the program. 

this is great advice! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...