Congrats! What day did you interview? Did you feel like you did well in the interview right away? I am trying to gauge how accurate my self assessment is haha. I did not feel good about my interview so curious if people who got in felt they did well or if even they were a little thrown by the format.

I interviewed on the 28th. And i was definitely thrown off by the format[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, TJM443 said:

I was accepted! I was waiting until I got the email for the proof that I got inemoji23.png just received!! Congrats to everyone that interviewed. I feel like the interview surprised as allemoji23.png

Do you know the exact start date of the program? I know it is sometime in May but couldn't find specifics!

21 hours ago, Pamedic67 said:

To those who were accepted into the program, what was the timeline they gave to accept the offer?

Pretty sure all that were accepted received the calls on Friday and the confirmation emails on Monday. We have a week from Monday to decide if we want to accept along with submitting a $750 non-refundable deposit. We forfeit our seats if we do not accept. 

It’s definitely hella pressure on us from the program to accept and not wait to hear back from other schools which kinda really sucks.

Finally got my rejection email. I knew it was coming but still a bummer. Congratulations and best of luck to everyone admitted!! Keep your heads up to everyone else who received bad news too.

Your moment will come too. Don’t give up!! It’s so competitive! You had an interview which shows a lot! I was rejected from many schools too and each one was definitely a bummer but we gotta keep our heads up!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 10:28 PM, AlphaCharlie99 said:

Pretty sure all that were accepted received the calls on Friday and the confirmation emails on Monday. We have a week from Monday to decide if we want to accept along with submitting a $750 non-refundable deposit. We forfeit our seats if we do not accept. 

It’s definitely hella pressure on us from the program to accept and not wait to hear back from other schools which kinda really sucks.

That’s not a long time to decide, but from looking at the past application cycle threads, it looks like it is longer than they have given in the past. I am waitlisted so it’s life back to normal until I hear anything else, my interview was definitely my weak spot. 

15 minutes ago, Pamedic67 said:

That’s not a long time to decide, but from looking at the past application cycle threads, it looks like it is longer than they have given in the past. I am waitlisted so it’s life back to normal until I hear anything else, my interview was definitely my weak spot. 

Well I’m sure that not everyone who was accepted will actually accept so some of the waitlisted people will have another shot! Just hang in there this is definitely a waiting game. 

I actually thought that I bombed my interview so idk honestly.

Edited by AlphaCharlie99

Looking through the past threads this is what I have learned: 3 years ago 11 people came in off the alternate list, 2 years ago 14 came in.  Those years were also reported to have an alternate list of 32. I don’t have have reports from last years process. This year they interviewed 250, which is 90 more than last year, so no telling if they increased their alternate list number, it is 2020 after all! They do not provide any info on the current alternates list. Can’t do anything else at this point, just keep working. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

All,

If you are on the wait list there is hope.  We had a lot of movement last year on the wait list due to when IUPUI sends out acceptances.

For those who were rejected - stay with it!   I took me 3 rounds to get accepted. 

Year 1 - 3 schools, no interviews

Year 2  - 11 schools  4 interviews, 3 waitlist, 1 rejection

Year 3 - 12 schools   9 interviews (accepted 4), 3 acceptances and 1 rejection 

After putting deposit on school 1, received 2 more acceptances immediately afterwards.  Withdrew from school #1 (lost my $1000) and accepted IUPUI.  After that, I decided I'm happy and cancelled other interviews.

As the great one said....You will miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Fail until you stop failing....Bobby Bones

Today I'm 5 weeks away from finishing my second semester....If you want this, stay with it and keep trying....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...