New Graduate Trouble- please help!

• Administrator
4 hours ago, sas5814 said:

It is easy to give big advice like "move" or "quit" when it isn't your ability to pay your bills is on the line.

This is why my #1 advice to anyone in medicine is to GET OUT OF DEBT NOW! Not because I'm some Dave Ramsey fan (love my mileage credit card too much), but because having the freedom to "peace out" from a bad situation is incomparable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Amen on the being out of debt!  I dropped my AA credit card and now use the Costco card though I'm rarely in the store.  With a nice vacation trip added in it typically brings me back $6-700 annually which easily covers the membership fee so that I can keep my mom-in-law in Donut Shop coffee.

Edited by GetMeOuttaThisMess

We aren't debt free but we embarked on a strong debt reduction program several years ago. Because of that we are now able to get by while I am furloughed for at least several months to a year without any big pressure.

My wife made me do it. She is way smarter than I am. 

• Upvote 1