I agree with previous posts that the shadowing you are doing it a bit excessive. If you cannot get any of those PA's to get you shadow them for a few months, then just drop it. What sort of clinical experience do you have? That is more valuable than a coupe days of shadowing. I never shadowed. I work with docs and PA's. I don't know what shadowing can do for you that you cannot learn by reading the internet on your own.

I agree with previous posts that the shadowing you are doing it a bit excessive. If you cannot get any of those PA's to get you shadow them for a few months, then just drop it. What sort of clinical experience do you have? That is more valuable than a coupe days of shadowing. I never shadowed. I work with docs and PA's. I don't know what shadowing can do for you that you cannot learn by reading the internet on your own.

Extensive shadowing is great if one of the following scenarios applies to you:

1. You have ****ty healthcare experience and this is your only contact with medicine.

2. You need a LOR from a PA and haven't come up with a better way of getting one.

3. You have no idea what the profession is/what a PA does and need to learn your options.

This.

I had 0 hours of shadowing so it's not a must except for those schools that require it.

1. You have ****ty healthcare experience and this is your only contact with medicine.

2. You need a LOR from a PA and haven't come up with a better way of getting one.

3. You have no idea what the profession is/what a PA does and need to learn your options.

This.

I had 0 hours of shadowing so it's not a must except for those schools that require it.

This.

Archived