NCCPA Board of Directors

https://nccpacc.us.newsweaver.com/nccpa-news-august-2018/ydxog02h3ji?a=2&p=2034343&t=196253

Interesting that NCCPA has added two physicians to the board of directors. There are a total of 5 md/do members on the board. As a well developed profession I find it interesting There is this much outside influence. You would certainly not see 5 PAs on the board of directors for an organization that license physicians. 

well....I could go down this rabbit hole easily enough. I recently asked why we had non-physician's as voting members of our various boards as opposed to non-voting advisory members and was told without a vote they probably wouldn't participate. I was also told we need these outside folks (I use that term simply to denote PA and everyone else) and was told we need them to help us understand public perspective and other "stakeholder groups" thoughts and opinions.

The word "stakeholders" has started causing me to bring up a little bile every time. I get the concept but think it is often being used as an excuse.

I understand we don't function in a bubble. I don't understand why we give representatives of other groups a vote in our profession.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

well....I could go down this rabbit hole easily enough. I recently asked why we had non-physician's as voting members of our various boards as opposed to non-voting advisory members and was told without a vote they probably wouldn't participate. I was also told we need these outside folks (I use that term simply to denote PA and everyone else) and was told we need them to help us understand public perspective and other "stakeholder groups" thoughts and opinions.

The word "stakeholders" has started causing me to bring up a little bile every time. I get the concept but think it is often being used as an excuse.

I understand we don't function in a bubble. I don't understand why we give representatives of other groups a vote in our profession.

Perfect.  Then they can put me on their governing board and watch the sparks fly.

What a load of crap.

WHY are we a profession that allows other professions with a vested interest in seeing us NOT suceed control our fate?

just plan illogical

We need AAPA and NCCPA to allow only PA's to be voting members of the board - period

Maybe an accountant or a fire fighter can sit on the board, but why on god's earth would you let them vote on issues which effect our future - then magnify this by 100 for a Doc that might not want the profession to advance, or is facing pressure to hold the profession back......

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, ventana said:

WHY are we a profession that allows other professions with a vested interest in seeing us NOT suceed control our fate?

just plan illogical

We need AAPA and NCCPA to allow only PA's to be voting members of the board - period

Maybe an accountant or a fire fighter can sit on the board, but why on god's earth would you let them vote on issues which effect our future - then magnify this by 100 for a Doc that might not want the profession to advance, or is facing pressure to hold the profession back......

There actually are two “public directors”. Though these people seem to be more public health/ healthcare admin type people as opposed to true members of the public. 

But again this puts two additional non PAs on the board that governs certification of PAs.