LOR from NP?????

What are your thoughts on getting a LOR from a NP?

I have one from a MD and a professor and debating on who to get my 3rd from. I have a shadowed a few PA's but they dont know me as well as the NP that I shadowed. I believe she would give me a great LOR. If I don't use her, I will be using another MD that I have have worked closely with.

Thanks...

What are your thoughts on getting a LOR from a NP?

I have one from a MD and a professor and debating on who to get my 3rd from. I have a shadowed a few PA's but they dont know me as well as the NP that I shadowed. I believe she would give me a great LOR. If I don't use her, I will be using another MD that I have have worked closely with.

Thanks...

I had one from a NP but my program used to be a joint PA/NP program so ymmv.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

I had a LOR from an NP as well. I was in a situation similar to greenmood where I had an NP with whom I had worked (not shadowed) for years who knew me well and was very supportive of my decision to attend PA school.

If you do decide to do this, be prepared to defend your decision at your interviews. It came up almost every time at mine.

Depends on what your PA program requires. Some are very picky and have strict requirements on who your LORs need to be from. Others allow you to pick who you think is best. Double-check with the programs before you decide, or you may disqualify yourself.

Archived