Advice

Hello all, 

First off - I got accepted! I am currently enrolled in genetics even though none of the programs I applied to this cycle require it. I was mainly taking it to boost my chances for next cycle if I didn't get accepted this cycle. Now that I have gotten accepted & my acceptance doesn't rely on genetics, I really want to drop it. The pros outweigh the cons of dropping it, but I just wanted to know if y'all think this would be looked down upon since I had it as planned/in progress on CASPA?

Thanks!

Devils advocate. Drop it, enjoy the calm before the storm and get a tidy refund check. If the purpose of you taking the class is gone why would you bother? 

That being said, genetics was one of my favorite classes especially in lab. If you dont drop the class you will have a greater understanding of biology that will be able to apply in your next phase of learning.

1 hour ago, DomRRTtoPA said:

Devils advocate. Drop it, enjoy the calm before the storm and get a tidy refund check. If the purpose of you taking the class is gone why would you bother? 

That being said, genetics was one of my favorite classes especially in lab. If you dont drop the class you will have a greater understanding of biology that will be able to apply in your next phase of learning.

I wish I was enjoying genetics, but her teaching style makes it impossible. (no powerpoints, all free response questions, only busy work, etc). There are 8 students enrolled in the course & we all have the same concerns. My main concern is that I am enrolled in a course currently that IS required & I am struggling in that because of the time commitment of genetics. Sigh. Just not sure if taking a W on it looks worse than continuing in it & getting poor grades in both genetics & my required course.

• 1 month later...