Mercer 2019/2020

Hello everyone! I received an email that my application was complete and verified and under review on 2/11/20 and I am waiting of course. Just wondering how long it usually takes to hear about an interview and whether this will be done by email, letter, etc. I know there was an interview on 2/17 so I didn’t expect to get into that one. I feel like I have a good chance of being accepted but our minds can run away with doubtful thoughts. Thanks in advance! 

On 3/5/2020 at 8:29 AM, volgrace said:

Has anyone else from 2/17 interview heard back? I know some people got acceptances soon after but I still haven’t heard anything. Not quite sure if it is likely a no at this point or if they are just taking more time to review applicants from that day. 

I just received an email stating that ‘The Physician Assistant Program Admissions Committee has requested additional time to review your file’. Fingers crossed until May I guess. Did you get the same email?

15 minutes ago, tplcon said:

I just received an email stating that ‘The Physician Assistant Program Admissions Committee has requested additional time to review your file’. Fingers crossed until May I guess. Did you get the same email?

Yes, I just got the same email. Definitely still hopeful! Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

On 2/26/2020 at 5:14 PM, Swhite said:

Hi everyone! I am applying to Mercer next round, and just curious about stats of those who got accepted this round if anyone wants to share! Thanks in advance & congratulations 😊

GPA 3.55

sGPA: 3.67

GRE: 311 (152V, 159Q) 4.0W

PCE: ~1700 at the time of application

On 3/9/2020 at 11:05 AM, jlberan83 said:

Does anybody know if any interview invites have gone out for March yet ? 

I am unsure about March interviews, but I was invited to interview in April. Low-key worried about how coronavirus will affect it, but I have not heard anything yet so we shall see! 

1 minute ago, HHal0003 said:

My application was marked complete (I received the email from Mercer saying my application file was under review) on 2/25 and I was invited to interview on 3/2

Ok I’m thinking that means maybe I’m out of the running. 😕 Do you mind if I ask your stats? 

Hi Guys! I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone good luck!  I’m personally still waiting on an interview, but I’m so excited for everyone that has already received an interview and has been accepted into the program. Keep up the good work guys and never give up!

Edited by Kcoggins
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I received an interview invite for May 11th. I was rejected from most schools this year and ended up applying to Mercer as a Hail Mary. The email said interview day will be a virtual session. I was wondering if anyone has gone to a virtual session yet? Or maybe was able to speak to anyone about how they'll proceed with interview day? I gather from the previous posts that there's usually a group interview, 2 on 1, then group panel. I have difficulty envisioning how group interview will proceed smoothly via webchat.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, skd005 said:

Does anyone know if there have been any rejections? I interviewed back in December and I'm not sure if I'm still being considered or if they just haven't rejected anyone. I received the update that they are doing virtual interviews mid-May and one in June. Just curious if I should abandon hope or not.   

Did you get an update via email about the virtual interviews for mid-May and June? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 9:26 PM, Roadtopaspac said:
Hello Everyone I am a current student at Mercer and I would love to answer any questions that would help you in your application process. Even though I can't tell you exactly what they will ask you on interview day, I can help you understand what we are looking for as a program ! And for all of you who need more info on Mercer or more info on what it's like being a student at Mercer, I can help with that too. Just let me know! 
  •  

Hello! Thank you so much for posting so much helpful information here. I was invited to the virtual interview on May 11th! Do you know if this change the format or if the interview will still include a two on one and a group interview? 

Thanks!

On 5/2/2020 at 7:25 PM, alexbates said:

Hello! Thank you so much for posting so much helpful information here. I was invited to the virtual interview on May 11th! Do you know if this change the format or if the interview will still include a two on one and a group interview? 

Thanks!

Hey, Congrats on your interview!

There will definitely be a 2-on-1 interview and a group interview but there will not be a student panel. The professors are meeting today to go over the new format for the interview so if anything changes I will let you know. Good luck on Monday !

• 2 weeks later...